What Happened On 7th April 2009 In History
April 7th (2009) was a Tuesday. It's the 96th day of the year (97th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 269 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 7th April, 2009
- » Former Peruvian President Alberto Fujimori is sentenced to 25 years in prison for ordering killings and kidnappings by security forces.
- » 2009 Moldova civil unrest known as Mass protests begin across Moldova under the belief that results from the Moldovan parliamentary election, April 2009 known as parliamentary election are fraudulent.
April 7th Famous Deaths for 2009
- » Dave Arneson, American game designer, co-created 'Dungeons & Dragons' (b. 1947)
April 7th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints named feast days:
- » April 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Alexander Rawlins called Blessed Alexander Rawlins
- » Edward Oldcorne named Blessed Edward Oldcorne and Ralph Ashley called Blessed Ralph Ashley
- » Notker the Stammerer called Blessed Notker the Stammerer
- » Aibert or Saint Aibert of Crespin
- » Brynach e.g Saint Brynach
- » Hegesippus (chronicler) named Saint Hegesippus
- » Henry Walpole or Saint Henry Walpole
- » Hermann Joseph or Saint Hermann Joseph
- » Jean-Baptiste de La Salle or Saint Jean-Baptiste de La Salle
- » Tikhon of Moscow (Episcopalian observance)
- » Bird Day International Bird Migration Day called International Bird Migration Day in Costa Rica
- » Public holidays in Rwanda known as Genocide Memorial Day (Rwanda)
- » Public holidays in Tanzania called Sheikh Abeid Amani Karume Day (Tanzania)
Year 2009 historical events for the month of April