Zodiac Signs October 1965 Birthstone
October Birthstones Astrology
- The October Birthstones are the Tourmaline and Opal. Opals symbolizes faithfulness and confidence. The word Opal comes from the Latin opalus, meaning: precious jewel. Necklaces with opals set in them were worn to repel evil and to protect eyesight. Opal is called the traditional birthstone of October. Pink Tourmaline is considered the secondary birthstone for October.
October Zodiac Signs
- Month of October Zodiac Signs are Libra(until October 22) or Scorpio(October 23 onwards).
- Libra (September 23 - October 22) Libra tend to dislice big social gatherings and too much attention. Most of them tend to be introverts. Having a shy nature being too shy or quiet can sometimes work against their benefit. People born under this star sign tend to have great belief in justice. THis might also be why they are very trustworthy individuals.
Libra are compatible with: another Libra as well as Sagittarius, Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Gemini.
- Scorpio (October 23 - November 21) Scorpio by nature like to take action instead of thinking things through in great lengths. They tend to be ambitious, bold, courageous, and self confident. Scorpio have a clear vision for their desires in life. Going after those goals feel liberating to them. Cool headedness helps Scorpio to achieve their desires.
Scorpio are compatible with: Capricorn, Pisces, Cancer and Virgo.
October Birth Flowers
- Birth flower Marigold or Calendula is the flower associated with October. For the Hindus, the month of October is associated with festivals like Dusshera and Diwali and Marigold, an auspicious flower is part of religious ceremonies. However, in the English culture, marigold stands for sorrow and sympathy. The other October flower is cosmo, a symbol of order, peace, and serenity.
- Warm, Fierce, undying love, or one way of saying that you are content with being with the recipient.October Birth Flower Marigold exemplify elegance and devotion.
Historical Events for October, 1965
- 1st » General Suharto puts down an apparent coup attempt by the 30 September Movement in Indonesia.
- 4th » Pope Paul VI arrives in New York, the first Pope to visit the United States of America and the Western hemisphere.
- 15th » Vietnam War: The Catholic Worker Movement stages an anti-war rally in Manhattan including a public Draft-card burning or burning of a draft card; the first such act to result in arrest under a new amendment to the Selective Service Act.
- 21st » Comet Ikeya-Seki approaches perihelion, passing 450,000 kilometers (279,617 miles) from the sun.
- 23rd » Vietnam War: The 1st Cavalry Division (United States) (Airmobile), in conjunction with South Vietnamese forces, launches a new operation seeking to destroy North Vietnamese forces in Pleiku in the II Corps Tactical Zone (the Central Highlands).
- 28th » Construction on the St. Louis Arch is completed.
- 30th » Vietnam War: Just miles from Da Nang, United States Marines repel an intense attack by wave after wave of Viet Cong forces, killing 56 guerrillas.
Famous Birthdays on October in 1965
- 1st » Andreas Keller, German field hockey player
- 1st » Ted King (actor) known as Ted King, American actor
- 1st » Cindy Margolis, American model and actress
- 1st » Chris Reason, Australian journalist
- 1st » Cliff Ronning, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 3rd » Annemarie Verstappen, Dutch swimmer
- 3rd » Jan-Ove Waldner, Swedish table tennis player
- 4th » Olaf Backasch, German footballer
- 4th » Skip Heller, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer
- 4th » Micky Ward, American boxer
- 5th » Trace Armstrong, American football player
- 5th » Theo Bos (footballer) named Theo Bos, Dutch footballer, coach, and manager (d. 2013)
- 5th » Mario Lemieux, Canadian ice hockey player
- 5th » Patrick Roy, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 6th » Steve Scalise, American politician
- 6th » Rubén Sierra, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 7th » Genji Hashimoto, Japanese race car driver
- 8th » Matt Biondi, American swimmer
- 8th » Peter Greene, American actor
- 8th » Harri Koskela, Finnish wrestler
- 8th » C. J. Ramone, American singer-songwriter and bass player (The Ramones, 22 Jacks, Los Gusanos, and The Ramainz)
- 9th » Jimbo Fisher, American football player and coach
- 10th » Toshi (musician) called Toshi, Japanese singer-songwriter and producer (X Japan)
- 10th » Chris Penn, American actor (d. 2006)
- 10th » Rebecca Pidgeon, American-English singer-songwriter and actress
- 11th » Rikishi (wrestler) called Rikishi, American wrestler
- 11th » Sean Patrick Flanery, American actor
- 11th » Alexander Hacke, German singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Einstürzende Neubauten)
- 11th » Orlando Hernández, Cuban baseball player
- 11th » Volodymyr Horily, Ukrainian footballer
- 11th » Luke Perry, American actor and producer
- 11th » Ronit Roy, Indian actor and businessman
- 12th » J. J. Daigneault, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 13th » Johan Museeuw, Belgian cyclist
- 14th » Steve Coogan, English actor, producer, and screenwriter
- 14th » Jüri Jaanson, Estonian rower
- 14th » Constantine Koukias, Greek-Australian flute player and composer
- 14th » Karyn White, American singer-songwriter
- 15th » Nasser El Sonbaty, German bodybuilder (d. 2013)
- 16th » Kang Kyung-ok, South Korean illustrator
- 16th » Steve Lamacq, English radio host
- 16th » Tom Tolbert, American basketball player and sportscaster
- 17th » Aravinda de Silva, Sri Lankan cricketer
- 18th » Zakir Naik, Indian surgeon
- 18th » Curtis Stigers, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 19th » Brad Daugherty (basketball) called Brad Daugherty, American basketball player and sportscaster
- 19th » Ty Pennington, American carpenter and television host
- 20th » Norman Blake (Scottish musician) Norman Blake, Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Teenage Fanclub, BMX Bandits (band) BMX Bandits, and Jonny (band) Jonny)
- 20th » Jil Caplan, French singer-songwriter
- 20th » Mikhail Shtalenkov, Russian ice hockey player
- 20th » William Zabka, American actor and producer
- 21st » Ion Andoni Goikoetxea, Spanish footballer and manager
- 21st » Horace Hogan, American wrestler
- 21st » Hisashi Imai, Japanese singer-songwriter and guitarist (BUCK-TICK, Schaft, and Schwein)
- 22nd » Otis Smith (American football) called Otis Smith, American football player and coach
- 22nd » John Wesley Harding (singer) known as John Wesley Harding, English singer-songwriter
- 22nd » Piotr Wiwczarek, Polish singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Vader (band) named Vader)
- 23rd » Augusten Burroughs, American author and screenwriter
- 23rd » Al Leiter, American baseball player and sportscaster
- 24th » Kyriakos Velopoulos, Greek journalist and politician
- 25th » Þorsteinn Bachmann, Icelandic actor
- 25th » Claire Colebrook, Australian cultural theorist
- 25th » Rebecca Pidgeon, English-American actress and singer-songwriter
- 25th » 2 Cold Scorpio, American wrestler
- 26th » Aaron Kwok, Hong Kong singer, dancer, and actor
- 26th » Kelly Rowan, Canadian actress and producer
- 28th » Jami Gertz, American actress and producer
- 29th » Tyler Collins, American singer-songwriter and actress
- 30th » Gavin Rossdale, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Bush (band) known as Bush and Institute (band) named Institute)
- 31st » Paul du Toit, South African painter and sculptor (d. 2014)
- 31st » Blue Edwards, American basketball player
- 31st » Denis Irwin, Irish footballer and journalist
- 31st » Rob Rackstraw, English voice actor
Famous Deaths for October 1965
- 3rd » Zachary Scott, American actor (b. 1914)
- 11th » Dorothea Lange, American photographer (b. 1895)
- 11th » Walther Stampfli, Swiss politician, 50th President of the Swiss Confederation (b. 1884)
- 12th » Paul Hermann Müller, Swiss chemist, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine known as Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1899)
- 14th » William Hogenson, American sprinter (b. 1884)
- 14th » Randall Jarrell, American poet and author (b. 1914)
- 15th » Abraham Fraenkel, German-Israeli mathematician and academic (b. 1891)
- 17th » Bart King, Filipino cricketer (b. 1873)
- 18th » Henry Travers, English-American actor (b. 1874)
- 18th » Lauri Törni, Finnish-American Special Forces officer (b. 1919)
- 21st » Bill Black, American bass player (The Blue Moon Boys) (b. 1926)
- 22nd » Muriel George, English singer and actress (b. 1883)
- 24th » Samuel Karnarvon Asbell, Saskatchewan politician stubs (b. 1914)
- 25th » Eduard Einstein, Swiss son of Albert Einstein (b. 1910)
- 26th » Sylvia Likens, American Torture murder named torture victim (b. 1949)
- 28th » Earl Bostic, American saxophonist (b. 1913)
- 30th » Arthur M. Schlesinger, Sr., American historian and author (b. 1888)
Year 1965 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of October Star Signs.
Year 1965 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month