What Happened In April 1776 In History
Historical Events for April, 1776
- 6th » American Revolutionary War: Ships of the Continental Navy fail in their Battle of Block Island named attempt to capture a Royal Navy dispatch boat.
- 7th » John Barry (naval officer) Captain John Barry and the USS Lexington 1776 6 captures the 'Edward'.
- 12th » American Revolution: With the Halifax Resolves, the North Carolina Provincial Congress authorizes its Second Continental Congress known as Congressional delegation to vote for independence from Kingdom of Great Britain named Britain.
Famous Birthdays on April in 1776
- 1st » Sophie Germain, French mathematician, physicist, and philosopher (d. 1831)
- 25th » Princess Mary, Duchess of Gloucester and Edinburgh (d. 1857)
Famous Deaths for April 1776
- 19th » Jacob Emden, German rabbi and author (b. 1697)
- 29th » Edward Wortley Montagu, English explorer and author (b. 1713)
Year 1776 events in history for the month of April
Historical events for the year 1776 by month