What Happened In October 1780 In History
Historical Events for October, 1780
- 2nd » John André, British Army officer of the American Revolutionary War, is hanged as a spy by American forces.
- 7th » American Revolutionary War Battle of Kings Mountain: United States American Patriot (American Revolution) Patriot militia defeat Loyalist (American Revolution) Loyalist irregular military irregulars led by British major Patrick Ferguson in South Carolina.
- 10th » The Great Hurricane of 1780 kills 20,000–30,000 in the Caribbean.
- 16th » Royalton, Vermont called Royalton, Vermont and Tunbridge, Vermont e.g Tunbridge, Vermont are the last major raids of the American Revolutionary War.
Famous Birthdays on October in 1780
- 10th » John Abercrombie (physician) known as John Abercrombie, Scottish physician and philosopher (d. 1844)
- 20th » Pauline Bonaparte, French sister of Napoleon (d. 1825)
Famous Deaths for October 1780
- 2nd » John André, English soldier (b. 1750)
- 7th » Patrick Ferguson, Scottish soldier (b. 1744)
- 17th » William Cookworthy, English pharmacist and minister (b. 1705)
Year 1780 events in history for the month of October
Historical events for the year 1780 by month