What Happened In December 1835 In History
Historical Events for December, 1835
- 9th » Texas Revolution: The Texian Army captures San Antonio, Texas.
- 17th » Great Fire of New York: Fire levels lower Manhattan.
- 28th » Osceola leads his Seminole warriors in Florida into the Seminole Wars called Second Seminole War against the United States Army.
- 29th » The Treaty of New Echota is signed, ceding all the lands of the Cherokee east of the Mississippi River to the United States.
Famous Birthdays on December in 1835
- 4th » Samuel Butler (novelist) named Samuel Butler, English author (d. 1902)
- 17th » Alexander Emanuel Agassiz, Swiss-American ichthyologist and engineer (d. 1910)
- 18th » Lyman Abbott, American minister, theologian, and author (d. 1922)
Famous Deaths for December 1835
- 13th » John Storm, American soldier (b. 1760)
Year 1835 events in history for the month of December
Historical events for the year 1835 by month