What Happened In November 1835 In History
Historical Events for November, 1835
- 24th » The Texas Provincial Government authorizes the creation of a horse-mounted police force called the Texas Rangers (which is now the Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety).
- 27th » James Pratt and John Smith are hanged in London; they are the last two to be executed for sodomy in England.
Famous Birthdays on November in 1835
- 5th » Moritz Szeps, Ukrainian-Austrian journalist (d. 1902)
- 6th » Cesare Lombroso, Italian criminologist and physician, founded the Italian school of criminology (d. 1909)
- 17th » Andrew L. Harris, American general and politician, 44th Governor of Ohio (d. 1915)
- 21st » Hetty Green, American businesswoman and financier (d. 1916)
- 25th » Andrew Carnegie, Scottish-American businessman and philanthropist (d. 1919)
- 29th » Empress Dowager Cixi of China (d. 1908)
- 30th » Mark Twain, American author and critic (d. 1910)
Famous Deaths for November 1835
- 17th » Carle Vernet, French painter (b. 1758)
Year 1835 events in history for the month of November
Historical events for the year 1835 by month