What Happened In January 1835 In History
Historical Events for January, 1835
- 7th » HMS e.g Beagle drops anchor off the Chonos Archipelago.
- 8th » The United States public debt History known as United States national debt is zero for the only time.
- 24th » Slaves in Salvador da Bahia, Brazil, Malê Revolt known as stage a revolt, which is instrumental in ending slavery there 50 years later.
- 30th » In the first assassination attempt against a President of the United States, Richard Lawrence (failed assassin) known as Richard Lawrence attempts to shoot president Andrew Jackson, but fails and is subdued by a crowd, including several congressmen.
Famous Birthdays on January in 1835
- 31st » Lunalilo of Hawaii (d. 1874)
Year 1835 events in history for the month of January
Historical events for the year 1835 by month