What Happened In July 1837 In History
Historical Events for July, 1837
- 1st » A system of civil registration of births, marriages and deaths is established in England and Wales.
- 25th » The first commercial use of an electrical telegraph is successfully demonstrated by William Fothergill Cooke or William Cooke and Charles Wheatstone on July 25, 1837 between Euston and Camden Town in London.
Famous Birthdays on July in 1837
- 6th » R. G. Bhandarkar, Indian orientalist and scholar (d. 1925)
- 15th » Stephanie of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (d. 1859)
- 17th » Joseph-Alfred Mousseau, Canadian politician, 6th Premier of Quebec (d. 1886)
- 18th » Vasil Levski, Bulgarian priest and activist (d. 1873)
- 31st » William Quantrill, American captain (d. 1865)
Year 1837 events in history for the month of July
Historical events for the year 1837 by month