What Happened In March 1837 In History
Historical Events for March, 1837
- 4th » The city of Chicago is incorporated.
- 24th » Canada gives Black Canadians e.g African Canadian men the right to vote.
Famous Birthdays on March in 1837
- 1st » William Dean Howells, American author and critic (d. 1920)
- 7th » Henry Draper, American physician and astronomer (d. 1882)
- 12th » Alexandre Guilmant, French organist and composer (d. 1911)
- 14th » Charles Ammi Cutter, American librarian (d. 1903)
- 18th » Grover Cleveland, American lawyer and politician, 22nd and 24th President of the United States (d. 1908)
- 22nd » Virginia Oldoini, Countess of Castiglione (d. 1899)
Famous Deaths for March 1837
- 31st » John Constable, English painter (b. 1776)
Year 1837 events in history for the month of March
Historical events for the year 1837 by month