What Happened In June 1837 In History
Historical Events for June, 1837
- 5th » Houston is incorporated by the Republic of Texas.
- 11th » The Broad Street Riot occurs in Boston, fueled by ethnic tensions between Yankees and Irish.
- 20th » Victoria of the United Kingdom e.g Queen Victoria succeeds to the Monarchy of the United Kingdom or British throne.
Famous Birthdays on June in 1837
- 7th » Alois Hitler, Austrian civil servant (d. 1903)
- 16th » Ernst Laas, German philosopher and academic (d. 1885)
- 22nd » Paul Morphy, American chess player (d. 1884)
- 22nd » Ernst Ziller, German-Greek architect, designed the Presidential Mansion, Athens known as Presidential Mansion (d. 1923)
Famous Deaths for June 1837
- 14th » Giacomo Leopardi, Italian poet and philosopher (b. 1798)
- 20th » William IV of the United Kingdom (b. 1765)
Year 1837 events in history for the month of June
Historical events for the year 1837 by month