What Happened In November 2009 In History
Historical Events for November, 2009
- 5th » United States Army e.g U.S. Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan murders 13 and wounds 32 at Fort Hood, Texas in the deadliest 2009 Fort Hood shooting known as mass shooting at a U.S. military installation.
- 10th » Ships of the South and North Korean navies Battle of Daecheong called skirmish off Daecheong Island in the Yellow Sea.
- 21st » A 2009 Heilongjiang mine explosion called mine explosion in Heilongjiang province, northeastern China, kills 108.
- 23rd » The Maguindanao massacre occurs in Ampatuan, Maguindanao named Ampatuan, Maguindanao, Philippines
- 25th » 2009 Jeddah floods: Freak rains swamp the city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, during an ongoing Hajj pilgrimage. 3,000 cars are swept away and 122 people perish in the torrents, with 350 others missing.
- 27th » 2009 Nevsky Express bombing: A bomb explodes on the Nevsky Express train between Moscow and Saint Petersburg, derailing it and causing 28 deaths and 96 injuries.
- 29th » Maurice Clemmons Lakewood, Washington police officer shooting named shoots and kills four police officers inside a coffee shop in Lakewood, Washington.
Famous Deaths for November 2009
- 1st » Esther Hautzig, Lithuanian-American author (b. 1930)
- 1st » Endel Laas, Estonian scientist and academic (b. 1915)
- 1st » Robert H. Rines, American violinist and composer (b. 1922)
- 2nd » Nien Cheng, Chinese-American author (b. 1915)
- 3rd » Francisco Ayala (novelist) or Francisco Ayala, Spanish sociologist, author, and critic (b. 1906)
- 3rd » Archie Baird, Scottish footballer, journalist, and educator (b. 1919)
- 3rd » Carl Ballantine, American magician and actor (b. 1917)
- 6th » Ron Sproat, American screenwriter and playwright (b. 1932)
- 8th » Vitaly Ginzburg, Russian physicist and astrophysicist, Nobel Prize in Physics or Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1916)
- 10th » Gheorghe Dinică, Romanian actor (b. 1934)
- 10th » Robert Enke, German footballer (b. 1977)
- 10th » Tomaž Humar, Slovenian mountaineer (b. 1969)
- 10th » John Allen Muhammad, American Beltway sniper attacks e.g sniper (b. 1960)
- 11th » Dhanpat Rai Nahar, Indian politician (b. 1919)
- 15th » Allan Murdmaa, Estonian architect (b. 1934)
- 15th » Patriarch Pavle of Serbia (b. 1914)
- 16th » Antonio de Nigris, Mexican footballer (b. 1978)
- 16th » Sergei Magnitsky, Ukrainian-Russian accountant and lawyer (b. 1972)
- 16th » Edward Woodward, English actor and singer (b. 1930)
- 18th » Red Robbins, American basketball player (b. 1944)
- 20th » Lino Lacedelli, Italian mountaineer and author (b. 1925)
- 21st » Konstantin Feoktistov, Russian engineer and astronaut (b. 1926)
- 23rd » José Arraño Acevedo, Chilean journalist and historian (b. 1921)
- 23rd » Juzefas Jurgelevičius, Lithuanian footballer (b. 1947)
- 24th » Chan Hung-lit, Chinese actor and director (b. 1943)
- 24th » Abe Pollin, American businessman (b. 1923)
- 24th » Samak Sundaravej, Thai politician, 25th Prime Minister of Thailand (b. 1935)
- 27th » Al Alberts, American singer-songwriter (The Four Aces) (b. 1922)
- 28th » Gilles Carle, Canadian director, producer, and screenwriter (b. 1928)
- 28th » Takeo Kajiwara, Japanese Go (game) named Go player (b. 1923)
- 29th » Robert Holdstock, English author (b. 1948)
Year 2009 events in history for the month of November
Historical events for the year 2009 by month