What Happened On 14th September 1600 In History
September 14th (1600) was a Thursday. It's the 256th day of the year (257th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 109 days left to the end of the year.
September 14th Holidays in History
- » Christian calendar of saints e.g feast day:
- » Aelia Flaccilla (Eastern Orthodox Church)
- » Crescentius of Rome
- » Maternus of Cologne
- » Saint Notburga
- » September 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Feast of the Cross (Christianity)
- » Formerly, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense. (Roman Catholic church called Roman Catholic and Anglican Churches)
- » Brazil — Days of the City in:
- » Viamão (1741, the State of Rio Grande do Sul).
- » Presidente Prudente (1917, the State of São Paulo (state) known as São Paulo).
- » Sinop, Mato Grosso e.g Sinop (1974, the State of Mato Grosso).
- » Figueirão (2003, the State of Mato Grosso do Sul).
- » India — Hindi named Hindi Day. The day Constituent Assembly adopted Hindi as the Official Language of the Union on 14 September 1949. Hence, it is celebrated as Hindi Day.
- » Mexico — Flag flying days in Mexico known as Day of the State of Chiapas entry into the Union.