What Happened On 29th August 1778 In History
August 29th (1778) was a Saturday. It's the 241st day of the year (242nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 124 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 29th August, 1778
- » American Revolutionary War: British and American forces battle indecisively at the Battle of Rhode Island.
August 29th Holidays in History
- » Christian feast day:
- » Beheading of St. John the Baptist
- » John Bunyan (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » Saint Sabina or Sabina
- » August 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » International Day against Nuclear Tests (International observance or international)
- » Public holidays in Slovakia e.g Slovak National Uprising Anniversary (Slovakia)
Year 1778 historical events for the month of August