What Happened On 3rd July 1849 In History
July 3rd (1849) was a Tuesday. It's the 184th day of the year (185th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 181 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 3rd July, 1849
- » The French enter Rome in order to restore Pope Pius IX to power. This would prove a major obstacle to Italian unification.
July 3rd Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Germanus of Man
- » Latest day on which Immaculate Heart of Mary Roman Catholic feast days called Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary can fall, while May 30 is the earliest; celebrated 20 days after Pentecost. (Catholic Church)
- » Heliodorus of Altino
- » Mucian
- » Patriarch Anatolius of Constantinople
- » Pope Leo II
- » Thomas (Apostle) (Catholic and others), one of four days in the year on which Quarter Sessions sat, although the Anglican Communion and others celebrate Thomas on December 21.
- » July 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Emancipation Day U.S. Virgin Islands named Emancipation Day (United States Virgin Islands)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the liberation of Minsk from Nazi Germany known as Nazi occupation by Soviet troops in 1944. (Belarus)
Year 1849 historical events for the month of July