What Happened On 5th July 1849 In History
July 5th (1849) was a Thursday. It's the 186th day of the year (187th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 179 days left to the end of the year.
Famous Birthdays on July 5 in 1849
- » William Thomas Stead, English journalist (d. 1912)
July 5th Holidays in History
- » 1934 West Coast waterfront strike known as Bloody Thursday (International Longshore and Warehouse Union)
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Anthony Maria Zaccaria, priest (d. 1539)
- » Zoe of Rome (Roman Catholic Church)
- » July 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » X-Day (Church of the SubGenius) named X-Day (Church of the SubGenius)
- » Constitution Day (Armenia)
- » Independence Day, celebrating the independence of Algeria from France in 1962.
- » Independence Day, celebrating the independence of Cape Verde from Portugal in 1975.
- » Independence Day, celebrating the independence of Venezuela from Spain in 1811.
- » Saints Cyril and Methodius e.g Saints Cyril and Methodius Day (Czech Republic, Slovakia)
- » Tynwald Day, if July 5 is on a weekend, the holiday is the following Monday. (Isle of Man)
- » Emancipation Day, celebrating the emancipation of enslaved Africans in New York City in 1827.
Year 1849 historical events for the month of July