What Happened On 1st October 1876 In History
October 1st (1876) was a Sunday. It's the 274th day of the year (275th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 91 days left to the end of the year.
October 1st Holidays in History
- » Public holidays in South Korea or Armed Forces Day (South Korea)
- » Christian feast day:
- » Abai (martyr) named Abai (Syrian Orthodox Church)
- » Saint Bavo known as Bavo of Ghent
- » Edward James (martyr) or Blessed Edward James
- » Nicetius (Roman Catholic Church)
- » Saint Remigius e.g Remigius
- » Thérèse of Lisieux
- » Protection/Patronage of the Theotokos (Eastern Catholic Churches)
- » October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Public holidays in Azerbaijan named Day of Prosecutors (Azerbaijan)
- » Earliest day on which World Habitat Day can fall, while October 7 is the latest; celebrated on the first Monday of October. (International observances e.g International)
- » Independence Day (Cyprus), celebrates the independence of Cyprus from United Kingdom in 1960.
- » Independence Day (Nigeria), celebrates the independence of Nigeria from United Kingdom in 1960.
- » Independence Day (Palau), celebrates the independence of Palau from the UN Trust Territory status in 1994.
- » Independence Day (Tuvalu), celebrates the independence of Tuvalu from United Kingdom in 1978.
- » International Day of Older Persons
- » Public holidays in Indonesia known as Pancasila Sanctity Day (Indonesia)
- » Public holidays in Cameroon e.g Unification Day (Cameroon)