What Happened On 8th October 1876 In History
October 8th (1876) was a Sunday. It's the 281st day of the year (282nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 84 days left to the end of the year.
Famous Birthdays on October 8 in 1876
- » Frederick Montague, 1st Baron Amwell, English politician (d. 1966)
October 8th Holidays in History
- » Indian Air Force e.g Air Force Day (India)
- » Christian Calendar of saints or Feast Day:
- » Palatias and Laurentia
- » Saint Pelagia or Pelagia (Roman Catholic Church)
- » Che Guevara in popular culture .22Saint Ernesto.22 in Bolivia known as San Ernesto, Che Guevera as a saint. (Bolivian campesinos)
- » William Dwight Porter Bliss and Richard T. Ely (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Earliest day on which Columbus Day United States observance named Columbus Day can fall, while October 14 is the latest; observed on the second Monday of October (United States)
- » Earliest day on which International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction can fall, while October 14 is the latest; observed on the second Wednesday of October (Hawaii)
- » Earliest day on which the first day of Fire Prevention Week can fall, while October 14 is the latest; observed on the second week of October. (United States and Canada)
- » Independence Day (Croatia) known as Independence Day, celebrates the official separation of Croatia from Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia known as Yugoslavia in 1991.