What Happened In October 1876 In History
Historical Events for October, 1876
- 4th » Texas A&M University opens as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, becoming the first public institution of higher education in Texas.
- 6th » The American Library Association was founded.
- 31st » A monster cyclone ravages India, resulting in over 200,000 deaths.
Famous Birthdays on October in 1876
- 4th » Hugh McCrae, Australian actor and author (d. 1958)
- 6th » Ernest Lapointe, Canadian lawyer and politician, 18th Minister of Justice (Canada) or Canadian Minister of Justice (d. 1941)
- 8th » Frederick Montague, 1st Baron Amwell, English politician (d. 1966)
- 11th » Paul Masson (cyclist) e.g Paul Masson, French cyclist (d. 1944)
- 13th » Rube Waddell, American baseball player (d. 1914)
- 16th » Jimmy Sinclair, South African cricketer and rugby player (d. 1913)
- 19th » Mordecai Brown, American baseball player, coach, and manager (d. 1945)
- 19th » Mihkel Pung, Estonian politician, 11th Minister of Foreign Affairs (Estonia) called Minister of Foreign Affairs for Estonia (d. 1941)
- 20th » Alexandre Pharamond, French rugby player (d. 1953)
- 23rd » Franz Schlegelberger, German judge and politician, Reich Ministry of Justice (d. 1970)
- 31st » Natalie Clifford Barney, American poet and playwright (d. 1972)
Famous Deaths for October 1876
- 10th » Charles Joseph Sainte-Claire Deville, French geologist and meteorologist (b. 1814)
Year 1876 events in history for the month of October
Historical events for the year 1876 by month