What Happened In August 1876 In History
Historical Events for August, 1876
- 1st » Colorado is admitted as the 38th U.S. state.
- 8th » Thomas Edison receives a patent for his mimeograph.
- 31st » Ottoman Sultan Murat V is deposed and succeeded by his brother Abd-ul-Hamid II.
Famous Birthdays on August in 1876
- 2nd » Ravishankar Shukla, Indian lawyer and politician, 1st List of Chief Ministers of Madhya Pradesh or Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh (d. 1956)
- 2nd » Pingali Venkayya, Indian geologist, designed the Flag of India (d. 1963)
- 4th » Giovanni Giuriati, Italian lawyer and politician (d. 1970)
- 5th » Mary Ritter Beard, American historian and activist (d. 1958)
- 7th » Mata Hari, Dutch dancer and spy (d. 1917)
- 8th » Varghese Payyappilly Palakkappilly, Indian-Syrian priest, founded the Sisters of the Destitute (d. 1929)
- 12th » Mary Roberts Rinehart, American author (d. 1958)
- 14th » Alexander I of Serbia (d. 1903)
- 15th » Stylianos Gonatas, Greek colonel and politician, 111th Prime Minister of Greece (d. 1966)
- 16th » Ivan Bilibin, Russian illustrator (d. 1942)
- 19th » Oscar De Somville, Belgian rower (d. 1938)
- 29th » Kim Gu, South Korean politician, 6th Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea named President of The Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea (d. 1949)
- 29th » Charles F. Kettering, American engineer and businessman, founded Delco Electronics (d. 1958)
Famous Deaths for August 1876
- 2nd » Wild Bill Hickok, American sheriff (b. 1837)
Year 1876 events in history for the month of August
Historical events for the year 1876 by month