What Happened In February 1876 In History
Historical Events for February, 1876
- 1st » A murder conviction effectively forces the violent Pennsylvanian Irish people e.g Irish anti-owner coal miners, the "Molly Maguires", to disband.
- 2nd » The National League known as National League of Professional Baseball Clubs of Major League Baseball is formed.
- 14th » Alexander Graham Bell applies for a patent for the telephone, as does Elisha Gray.
- 19th » Founding of the National Amateur Press Association (NAPA) in Philadelphia.
Famous Birthdays on February in 1876
- 3rd » William Tedmarsh, English-American actor (d. 1937)
- 5th » Ernie McLea, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1931)
- 6th » Henry Blogg, English fisherman and sailor (d. 1954)
- 6th » Eugène-Henri Gravelotte, French fencer (d. 1939)
- 12th » 13th Dalai Lama (d. 1933)
- 13th » Fritz Buelow, German-American baseball player (d. 1933)
- 16th » G. M. Trevelyan, English historian (d. 1962)
- 19th » Constantin Brâncuși, Romanian-French sculptor (d. 1957)
- 21st » Pyotr Konchalovsky, Russian painter (d. 1956)
- 22nd » Zitkala-Sa, American author and activist (d. 1938)
- 28th » John Alden Carpenter, American composer (d. 1951)
Famous Deaths for February 1876
- 24th » Joseph Jenkins Roberts, American-Liberian politician, 1st President of Liberia (b. 1809)
Year 1876 events in history for the month of February
Historical events for the year 1876 by month