What Happened In December 1876 In History
Historical Events for December, 1876
- 5th » The Brooklyn Theater Fire kills at least 278 people in Brooklyn, New York.
- 23rd » First day of the Constantinople Conference which resulted in agreement for political reforms in the Balkans.
- 29th » The Ashtabula River Railroad Disaster occurs, leaving 64 injured and 92 dead at Ashtabula, Ohio.
Famous Birthdays on December in 1876
- 6th » Fred Duesenberg, German-American businessman, co-founded the Duesenberg or Duesenberg Automobile & Motors Company (d. 1932)
- 9th » Berton Churchill, Canadian-American actor and singer (d. 1940)
- 9th » Pauline Whittier, American golfer (d. 1946)
- 12th » Alvin Kraenzlein, American hurdler and runner (d. 1928)
- 19th » Bernard Friedberg, Austrian-Israeli scholar and author (d. 1961)
- 21st » Jack Lang (Australian politician) called Jack Lang, Australian politician, 23rd Premier of New South Wales (d. 1975)
- 22nd » Filippo Tommaso Marinetti, Egyptian-Italian poet and composer (d. 1944)
- 25th » Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Indian-Pakistani lawyer and politician, 1st Governor-General of Pakistan (d. 1948)
- 25th » Adolf Otto Reinhold Windaus, German chemist and academic, Nobel Prize in Chemistry known as Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1959)
- 29th » Pablo Casals, Catalan cellist and conductor (d. 1973)
Famous Deaths for December 1876
- 31st » Catherine Labouré, French saint (b. 1806)
Year 1876 events in history for the month of December
Historical events for the year 1876 by month