Zodiac Signs April 1950 Birthstone
April Birthstones Astrology
- The April Birthstone is the Diamond. Diamonds are associated with desire and connection. Symbolizing everlasting love diamonds were once thought to bring courage. Diamond is called the traditional birthstone of April. Crystal quartz is considered the secondary birthstone for April.
April Zodiac Signs
- Month of April Zodiac Signs are Aries(until April 20) and Taurus(April 21 onwards).
- Aries (March 21 - April 19) Aries have an amazing inner drive and don't shy away from hard work if that is what it takes to get what they want. Having a great deal of drive and ambition is their trademark. Being very social and having a great sence of humor by nature makes it easy for Aroies to blend in anywhere. Creative with a very strong will. These individuals don't like to share their emotions or feelings with others. But this can change once you get to know them better.
Aries are compatible with: Gemini, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Capricorn and Pisces.
- Taurus (April 20 - May 19) The Taurus has great strength in physical and mental capacities. Maybe this is why stubbornness or being a stuborn bull is often associated with this star sign. Work wise being able to teac to others is one of their strengths, at least on some level due to the fact that they are sympathetic and loving.
Taurus is compatible with: Libra, Taurus, Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo and Pisces.
April Birth Flowers
- Month of April is associated with Sweet Pea(also withDaisy) flower which bloom in a wide range of soft colors as well as two tone colours. It is said to symbolise pleasure or good-bye. In the Victorian era, these birth flowers formed a part of the bouquet which was sent to someone to convey gratefulness. It is also a flower given between friends to keep a secret.
- Love, youth and purity. April Birth Flower Daisy conveys innocence and there are five common types.
Historical Events for April, 1950
- 8th » India and Pakistan sign the Liaquat-Nehru Pact.
- 19th » Argentina becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires Convention named Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 27th » Apartheid: In South Africa, the Group Areas Act is passed formally segregating races.
- 28th » Bhumibol Adulyadej marries Queen Sirikit after their quiet engagement in Lausanne, Switzerland on July 19, 1949.
Famous Birthdays on April in 1950
- 1st » Samuel Alito, American lawyer and jurist
- 1st » Loris Kessel, Swiss race car driver (d. 2010)
- 1st » Daniel Paillé, Canadian politician
- 2nd » Lynn Westmoreland, American politician
- 3rd » Indrajit Coomaraswamy, Sri Lankan economist
- 3rd » Sally Thomsett, English actress
- 3rd » Ray Lucia, American author and television host
- 4th » Christine Lahti, American actress and director
- 5th » Harpo (singer) known as Harpo, Swedish singer
- 5th » Ann C. Crispin, American author (d. 2013)
- 5th » Agnetha Fältskog, Swedish singer-songwriter and producer (ABBA)
- 5th » Miki Manojlović, Serbian actor
- 6th » Cleo Odzer, American author (d. 2001)
- 7th » Brian J. Doyle, American press secretary
- 8th » Grzegorz Lato, Polish footballer and coach
- 10th » Ken Griffey, Sr., American baseball player and manager
- 10th » Eddie Hazel, American guitarist (Parliament-Funkadelic, and The Parliaments) (d. 1992)
- 10th » Akiko Wada, Japanese singer and actress
- 11th » Tom Hill (musician) known as Tom Hill, English bass player and songwriter (Geordie (band) known as Geordie)
- 11th » Bill Irwin, American clown and actor
- 12th » Flavio Briatore, Italian businessman
- 12th » David Cassidy, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor
- 12th » Nick Sackman, English composer
- 13th » Joseph Paul Franklin, American serial killer (d. 2013)
- 13th » Terry Lester, American actor (d. 2003)
- 13th » Ron Perlman, American actor
- 13th » William Sadler (actor) known as William Sadler, American actor
- 14th » Francis Collins, American physician and geneticist
- 14th » Péter Esterházy, Hungarian author
- 15th » Josiane Balasko, French actress, director, and screenwriter
- 15th » Amy Wright, American actress
- 16th » Robert Dutil, Canadian politician
- 16th » David Graf, American actor (d. 2001)
- 17th » L. Scott Caldwell, American actress
- 17th » Bruce McNall, American businessman
- 18th » Paul Callery, Australian footballer
- 18th » Kenny Ortega, American director, producer, and choreographer
- 19th » Julia Cleverdon, English businesswoman and philanthropist
- 20th » Steve Erickson, American author
- 20th » Alexander Lebed, Russian general and politician (d. 2002)
- 20th » Robert Mair, English engineer and academic
- 20th » N. Chandrababu Naidu, Indian politician, 13th Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
- 20th » Milt Wilcox, American baseball player
- 22nd » Peter Frampton, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (The Herd (UK band) e.g The Herd and Humble Pie (band) named Humble Pie)
- 22nd » Jancis Robinson, English journalist and critic
- 22nd » Zygi Wilf, German-American businessman
- 23rd » Rowley Leigh, English chef and journalist
- 25th » Donnell Deeny, Irish judge
- 25th » Steve Ferrone, English drummer (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Average White Band)
- 25th » Peter Jurasik, American actor
- 25th » Apollo Quiboloy, Filipino religious leader
- 27th » Paul Lockyer, Australian journalist (d. 2011)
- 28th » Willie Colón, Puerto Rican trombonist and producer (Fania All-Stars)
- 28th » Jay Leno, American comedian, talk show host, and producer
- 28th » Steve Rider, English television host
- 29th » Paul Holmes (broadcaster) e.g Paul Holmes, New Zealand journalist (d. 2013)
- 29th » Phillip Noyce, Australian director and producer
- 29th » Debbie Stabenow, American politician
Famous Deaths for April 1950
- 1st » Charles R. Drew, American physician and surgeon (b. 1904)
- 3rd » Kurt Weill, German-American composer (b. 1900)
- 3rd » Carter G. Woodson, American historian, author, and journalist, founded Black History Month (b. 1875)
- 6th » Louis Wilkins, American pole vaulter (b. 1882)
- 7th » Walter Huston, Canadian-American actor (b. 1884)
- 8th » Vaslav Nijinsky, Polish dancer and choreographer (b. 1890)
- 14th » Ramana Maharshi, Indian guru and philosopher (b. 1879)
- 16th » Eduard Oja, Estonian composer, conductor, and critic (b. 1905)
- 16th » Anders Peter Nielsen, Danish target shooter (b. 1867)
- 19th » Ernst Robert Curtius, French-German philologist and scholar (b. 1886)
- 22nd » Charles Hamilton Houston, American lawyer (b. 1895)
- 26th » George Murray Hulbert, American politician (b. 1881)
Year 1950 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of April Star Signs.
Year 1950 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month