Zodiac Signs October 1950 Birthstone
October Birthstones Astrology
- The October Birthstones are the Tourmaline and Opal. Opals symbolizes faithfulness and confidence. The word Opal comes from the Latin opalus, meaning: precious jewel. Necklaces with opals set in them were worn to repel evil and to protect eyesight. Opal is called the traditional birthstone of October. Pink Tourmaline is considered the secondary birthstone for October.
October Zodiac Signs
- Month of October Zodiac Signs are Libra(until October 22) or Scorpio(October 23 onwards).
- Libra (September 23 - October 22) Libra tend to dislice big social gatherings and too much attention. Most of them tend to be introverts. Having a shy nature being too shy or quiet can sometimes work against their benefit. People born under this star sign tend to have great belief in justice. THis might also be why they are very trustworthy individuals.
Libra are compatible with: another Libra as well as Sagittarius, Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Gemini.
- Scorpio (October 23 - November 21) Scorpio by nature like to take action instead of thinking things through in great lengths. They tend to be ambitious, bold, courageous, and self confident. Scorpio have a clear vision for their desires in life. Going after those goals feel liberating to them. Cool headedness helps Scorpio to achieve their desires.
Scorpio are compatible with: Capricorn, Pisces, Cancer and Virgo.
October Birth Flowers
- Birth flower Marigold or Calendula is the flower associated with October. For the Hindus, the month of October is associated with festivals like Dusshera and Diwali and Marigold, an auspicious flower is part of religious ceremonies. However, in the English culture, marigold stands for sorrow and sympathy. The other October flower is cosmo, a symbol of order, peace, and serenity.
- Warm, Fierce, undying love, or one way of saying that you are content with being with the recipient.October Birth Flower Marigold exemplify elegance and devotion.
Historical Events for October, 1950
- 2nd » 'Peanuts' by Charles M. Schulz is first published.
- 3rd » Korean War: The First Battle of Maryang San, primarily pitting Australian and British forces against communist China, begins.
- 9th » Goyang Geumjeong Cave Massacre started.
- 19th » Iran becomes the first country to accept technical assistance from the United States under the Point Four Program.
- 21st » Korean War: Heavy fighting begins between British and Australian forces from the 27th British Commonwealth Brigade and the North Korean 239th Regiment during the Battle of Yongju.
- 30th » Pope Pius XII witnesses the "Miracle of the Sun" while at the Vatican City named Vatican.
Famous Birthdays on October in 1950
- 1st » Elpida (singer) called Elpida, Greek singer-songwriter
- 1st » Susan Greenfield, Baroness Greenfield, English neuroscientist, academic, and politician
- 1st » Mark Helias, American bassist and composer
- 1st » Sigbjørn Johnsen, Norwegian politician, Minister of Finance (Norway) named Norwegian Minister of Finance
- 1st » Jeane Manson, American model, singer, and actress
- 1st » Randy Quaid, American actor and producer
- 2nd » Ian McNeice, English actor
- 2nd » Mike Rutherford, English singer-songwriter and bass player (Genesis (band) called Genesis and Mike + The Mechanics)
- 3rd » Pamela Hensley, American actress
- 4th » Meg Bennett, American actress and screenwriter
- 5th » Eddie Clarke, English guitarist (Motörhead and Fastway (band) e.g Fastway)
- 5th » Jeff Conaway, American actor and singer (d. 2011)
- 5th » James Rizzi, American painter (d. 2011)
- 6th » David Brin, American scientist and author
- 6th » Sven Andersson, Swedish footballer
- 7th » Jakaya Kikwete, Tanzanian colonel, economist, and politician, 4th President of Tanzania
- 8th » Robert "Kool" Bell, American singer-songwriter and bass player (Kool & the Gang)
- 8th » Blake Morrison, English writer
- 9th » Brian Downing, American baseball player
- 9th » Reichi Nakaido, Japanese singer and guitarist (RC Succession)
- 9th » Jody Williams, American academic and activist, Nobel Peace Prize or Nobel Prize laureate
- 10th » Nora Roberts, American author
- 11th » William R. Forstchen, American author and historian
- 11th » Amos Gitai, Israeli director, producer, and author
- 11th » Patty Murray, American educator and politician
- 11th » Rene Bond, American porn actress (d. 1996)
- 12th » Susan Anton, American actress and singer
- 12th » Robin Askwith, English actor
- 12th » Caroline Ellis, English actress
- 12th » Dave Freudenthal, American economist and politician, 31st Governor of Wyoming
- 12th » Takeshi Kaga known as Kaga Takeshi, Japanese actor
- 13th » Mollie Katzen, American chef and author
- 13th » Simon Nicol, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Fairport Convention)
- 14th » Joey Travolta, American actor, director, and producer
- 15th » Candida Royalle, American porn actress, director, and producer
- 17th » Philippe Barbarin, French cardinal
- 17th » Howard Rollins, American actor (d. 1996)
- 18th » Om Puri, Indian actor
- 18th » Wendy Wasserstein, American playwright and author (d. 2006)
- 18th » Sheila White (actress) named Sheila White, English actress and singer
- 19th » Yeslam bin Ladin, Saudi Arabian-Swiss businessman
- 20th » Tom Petty, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Mudcrutch, and Traveling Wilburys)
- 20th » William Russ, American actor and director
- 21st » Ronald McNair, American physicist and astronaut (d. 1986)
- 23rd » Maths O. Sundqvist, Swedish businessman (d. 2012)
- 24th » Iggy Arroyo, Filipino politician (d. 2012)
- 24th » Karen Austin, American actress
- 24th » Pablove Black, Jamaican singer-songwriter, keyboard player, and producer
- 24th » Rawly Eastwick, American baseball player
- 24th » Steven Greenberg (musician) e.g Steven Greenberg, American singer-songwriter and producer (Lipps Inc.)
- 24th » Tom Myers (safety) named Tom Myers, American football player
- 24th » Miguel Ángel Pichetto, Argentinian lawyer and politician
- 24th » Miroslav Sládek, Czech politician
- 24th » Gabriella Sica, Italian poet
- 24th » Maria Teschler-Nicola, Austrian biologist, anthropologist, and ethnologist
- 25th » Chris Norman, English singer-songwriter (Smokie (band) or Smokie)
- 27th » Fran Lebowitz, American author
- 27th » Július Šupler, Slovak ice hockey player and coach
- 28th » Sihem Bensedrine, Tunisian journalist and activist
- 28th » Ludo Delcroix, Belgian cyclist
- 29th » Abdullah Gül, Turkish politician, 11th President of Turkey
- 29th » Bronwen Mantel, Canadian actress
- 31st » John Candy, Canadian actor, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1994)
- 31st » Zaha Hadid, Iraqi-English architect, designed the Bridge Pavilion
- 31st » Jane Pauley, American journalist
- 31st » Antonio Taguba, Filipino-American general
Famous Deaths for October 1950
- 5th » Frederic Lewy, German-American neurologist (b. 1885)
- 9th » George Hainsworth, Canadian ice hockey player (b. 1895)
- 13th » Ernest Haycox, American author (b. 1899)
- 19th » Edna St. Vincent Millay, American poet and playwright (b. 1892)
- 20th » Henry L. Stimson, American colonel, lawyer, and politician, 46th United States Secretary of State (b. 1867)
- 23rd » Al Jolson, Lithuanian-American actor and singer (b. 1886)
- 29th » Gustaf V of Sweden (b. 1858)
Year 1950 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of October Star Signs.
Year 1950 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month