Zodiac Signs September 1950 Birthstone
September Birthstones Astrology
- The September Birthstone is the Sapphire. The Sapphire was once thought to guard against evil and poisoning. It was believed that a venomous snake would die if placed in a vessel made of sapphire. Traditionally a favorite stone of priests and kings, the sapphire symbolizes purity and wisdom. Sapphire is called the traditional birthstone of September. Lapis Lazuli is considered the secondary birthstone for September.
September Zodiac Signs
- Month of September Zodiac Signs are Virgo(until September 21) and Libra(from September 22 onwards).
- Virgo (August 22 - September 22) People born into the star sign Virgo are perfectionists. Having a goog memorie and great social instincts are big qualities of Virgo. Organization and planning comes very easy to Virgos. This is also the reason why working in teams as a project manager or even a normal team member feels like a great time to them.
Virgo are compatible with: other Virgos as well as Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus and Cancer.
- Libra (September 23 - October 22) Libra tend to dislice big social gatherings and too much attention. Most of them tend to be introverts. Having a shy nature being too shy or quiet can sometimes work against their benefit. People born under this star sign tend to have great belief in justice. THis might also be why they are very trustworthy individuals.
Libra are compatible with: another Libra as well as Sagittarius, Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Gemini.
September Birth Flowers
- Aster or September flower is the flower for this month. It is found in a number of colours: pink, red, white, lilac and mauve. The name of the birth flower which looks like a star is derived from the Greek word for star. The flower symbolises love, faith, wisdom and colour. The other September flower is the morning glory. Morning glories are simple symbols of affection.
- Patience, Daintiness and Remembrance. This September Birth Flower Aster conveys deep emotional love and affection.
Historical Events for September, 1950
- 4th » Darlington Raceway is the site of the inaugural Southern 500 (1950–2004) called Southern 500, the first 500-mile NASCAR race.
- 15th » Korean War: United States forces Battle of Inchon e.g land at Inchon
- 23rd » Korean War: The Battle of Hill 282 the first US friendly-fire incident on British military personnel since World War II occurred.
- 24th » Forest fires black out the sun over portions of Canada and New England. A Blue moon Visibly blue moon or blue moon is seen as far away as Europe.
- 26th » United Nations troops recapture Seoul from North Korean forces.
- 26th » Indonesia is admitted to the United Nations.
- 28th » Indonesia joins the United Nations.
Famous Birthdays on September in 1950
- 1st » Mikhail Fradkov, Russian politician, 36th Prime Minister of Russia
- 1st » Phillip Fulmer, American football player and coach
- 1st » Phil McGraw, American psychologist, author, and talk show host
- 2nd » Rosanna DeSoto, American actress
- 2nd » Michael Rother, German guitarist, keyboard player, and songwriter (Neu!, Kraftwerk, and Harmonia (band) known as Harmonia)
- 2nd » Yuen Wah, Chinese actor, martial artist, and stuntman
- 4th » Ehteshamuddin, Pakistani cricketer
- 4th » Doyle Alexander, American baseball player
- 5th » Rosie Cooper, English politician
- 5th » Cathy Guisewite, American cartoonist, created 'Cathy'
- 7th » David Cannadine, English historian and author
- 7th » John Friedrich (fraudster) e.g Johann Friedrich, German-Australian engineer (d. 1991)
- 7th » Julie Kavner, American actress and singer
- 7th » Peggy Noonan, American author and journalist
- 8th » Ian Davidson (British politician) known as Ian Davidson, Scottish politician
- 8th » Zachary Richard, American singer-songwriter and poet
- 8th » Mike Simpson, American dentist and politician
- 9th » Gogi Alauddin, Pakistani Squash (sport) e.g squash player and coach
- 9th » John McFee, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (The Doobie Brothers and Southern Pacific (band) or Southern Pacific)
- 10th » Joe Perry (musician) e.g Joe Perry, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Aerosmith and The Joe Perry Project)
- 11th » Anne Dell, Australian biochemist and academic
- 11th » Bruce Doull, Australian footballer
- 11th » Leonora Linter, Russian-Estonian businessman and activist
- 11th » Amy Madigan, American actress and singer
- 11th » Barry Sheene, English motorcycle racer (d. 2003)
- 12th » Marguerite Blais, Canadian journalist and politician
- 12th » Gustav Brunner, Austrian engineer
- 12th » Bruce Mahler, American actor and screenwriter
- 12th » Mike Murphy (ice hockey, born 1950) known as Mike Murphy, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 12th » Cynthia Myers, American model and actress (d. 2011)
- 13th » Włodzimierz Cimoszewicz, Polish lawyer and politician, 8th Prime Minister of Poland
- 13th » Jacky Robert, French-American chef
- 13th » Klaus Wunder, German footballer
- 13th » Pat Holland e.g Patsy Holland, English footballer and manager
- 14th » Paul Kossoff, English guitarist and songwriter (free (band) or Free, Black Cat Bones, and Back Street Crawler (band) known as Back Street Crawler) (d. 1976)
- 14th » Masami Kuwashima, Japanese race car driver
- 14th » Mike Nifong, American lawyer and politician
- 14th » John Steptoe, American author and illustrator (d. 1989)
- 15th » Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Pakistani-English caliph
- 16th » The Bellamy Brothers known as David Bellamy, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Bellamy Brothers)
- 16th » Henry Louis Gates, American educator, scholar, and author
- 16th » Loyd Grossman, American-English singer, guitarist, and television host
- 17th » Narendra Modi, Indian politician, 15th Prime Minister of India
- 17th » Fee Waybill, American singer-songwriter and producer (The Tubes)
- 18th » Shabana Azmi, Indian actress and singer
- 18th » Siobhan Davies, English dancer and choreographer
- 18th » Chris Heister, Swedish politician, Governor of Stockholm County
- 18th » Darryl Sittler, Canadian ice hockey player
- 18th » Anna Deavere Smith, American actress and playwright
- 19th » Joan Lunden, American journalist and author
- 19th » Michael Proctor (academic) e.g Michael Proctor, English physicist, mathematician, and academic
- 21st » Charles Clarke, English economist and politician, Secretary of State for Education
- 21st » Bill Murray, American actor, producer, and screenwriter
- 22nd » Kirka, Finnish singer (d. 2007)
- 23rd » George Garzone, American saxophonist and educator
- 24th » Mohinder Amarnath, Indian cricketer, coach, and sportscaster
- 24th » Alan Colmes, American comedian and talk show host
- 24th » John Kessel, American author, poet, and playwright
- 24th » Harriet Walter, English actress
- 24th » Kristina Wayborn, Swedish model and actress, Miss Sweden named Miss Sweden 1970
- 25th » Stanisław Szozda, Polish cyclist (d. 2013)
- 27th » Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Japanese-American actor and martial artist
- 28th » Paul Burgess (musician) Paul Burgess, English drummer (10cc, Jethro Tull (band) Jethro Tull, Camel (band) Camel, Magna Carta (band) Magna Carta, and The Icicle Works)
- 28th » Laurie Lewis, American singer and fiddler
- 28th » John Sayles, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- 29th » Ken Macha, American baseball player and manager
- 30th » Laura Esquivel, Mexican author and screenwriter
- 30th » Victoria Tennant, English actress and dancer
- 30th » Renato Zero, Italian singer-songwriter and actor
Famous Deaths for September 1950
- 6th » Olaf Stapledon, English philosopher and author (b. 1886)
- 11th » Jan Smuts, South African field marshal and politician, 2nd Prime Minister of South Africa (b. 1870)
- 16th » Pedro de Cordoba, American actor (b. 1881)
- 23rd » Sam Barry, American basketball player and coach (b. 1892)
- 24th » Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine (b. 1863)
Year 1950 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of September Star Signs.
Year 1950 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month