Zodiac Signs June 1950 Birthstone
June Birthstones Astrology
- The June Birthstones are Pearl, Alexandrite and Moonstone. The Pearl has long been a symbol of purity. The ancient Greeks believed that pearls were the hardened tears of joy from Aphrodite, the goddess of love. Pearl is called the traditional birthstone of June. Moonstone is considered the secondary birthstone for June.
June Zodiac Signs
- Month of June Zodiac Signs are Gemini(until June 20) and Cancer(June 21 onwards).
- Gemini (May 20 - June 20) Geminis tend to be very unpredictable. Be always ready for a surprise from them. Being creative and open can result in Geminis changing their behaviour rather frequently. People born under this star sign are very adaptable to new situations or life changes. Add to this the positive nature towards life that Gemini possess.
Gemini are compatible with: other Gemini, Leo, Libra and Aquarius.
- Cancer (June 21 - July 22) Tradition tends to be very important int the lives of Cancers. Visit a cancer at home and you will find a fish in the water. Having a caring nature that extends towards other people, coupled with amazing patience usually is related to a Cancers work life choices.
Cancers are compatible with: Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.
June Birth Flowers
- Month of June flower is the Rose. Though roses are available in many colors from red to pink to white to yellow, all with their own special meanings, the underlying message the birth flowers convey is that of love and passion.
- Love and Appreciation, while other meanings depends on each colour. The June Birth Flower Rose has many meanings which can vary from Love, Passion, Beauty and Perfection. The meaning depends upon the colour. For example, Red says love and romance, White symbolizes innocence, purity, and remembrance.
Historical Events for June, 1950
- 3rd » The first successful ascent of an Eight-thousander; the summit of Annapurna is reached by Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal.
- 8th » Sir Thomas Blamey becomes the only Australian-born Field Marshal in Australian history.
- 25th » The Korean War begins with the invasion of South Korea by North Korea.
- 27th » The United States decides to send troops to fight in the Korean War.
- 28th » Korean War: Seoul is captured by North Korean troops.
- 28th » Korean War: Suspected communist sympathizers, argued to be between 100,000 and 200,000 are executed in the Bodo League massacre.
- 28th » Korean War: North Korean Army conducted Seoul National University Hospital Massacre.
Famous Birthdays on June in 1950
- 1st » Perrin Beatty, Canadian businessman and politician
- 1st » Gemma Craven, Irish actress and singer
- 1st » Jean Lambert, English educator and politician
- 1st » Wayne Nelson, American singer and bass player (Little River Band)
- 1st » Tom Robinson, English singer-songwriter and bass player (Sector 27 and Tom Robinson Band)
- 2nd » Jonathan Evans (politician) e.g Jonathan Evans, Welsh lawyer and politician
- 2nd » Joanna Gleason, Canadian actress and singer
- 2nd » Anne Phillips, British gender theorist
- 3rd » Frédéric François, Belgian-Italian singer-songwriter
- 3rd » Melissa Mathison, American screenwriter and producer
- 3rd » Juan José Muñoz, Argentinian businessman (d. 2013)
- 3rd » Suzi Quatro, American-English singer-songwriter, bass player, producer, and actress (The Pleasure Seekers/Cradle)
- 3rd » Christos Verelis, Greek politician
- 3rd » Deniece Williams, American singer-songwriter and producer
- 4th » Raymond Dumais, Canadian bishop (d. 2012)
- 4th » Dagmar Krause, German singer and pianist (Slapp Happy, Henry Cow, Art Bears, and News from Babel)
- 4th » George Noory, American radio host
- 4th » Kevin Woodford, Manx chef and actor
- 5th » J. J. Bittenbinder, American television host and author
- 5th » Ronnie Dyson, American singer and actor (d. 1990)
- 5th » Abraham Sarmiento, Jr., Filipino journalist and activist (d. 1977)
- 5th » Daniel von Bargen, American actor
- 6th » Chantal Akerman, Belgian actress, director, and producer
- 6th » John Wardley, English roller coaster designer
- 7th » Gary Graham, American actor
- 7th » Howard Finkel, American ring announcer
- 8th » Kathy Baker, American actress
- 8th » Sônia Braga, Brazilian-American actress
- 9th » Trevor Bolder, English bass player, songwriter, and producer (Uriah Heep (band) named Uriah Heep, The Spiders from Mars, and Cybernauts) (d. 2013)
- 9th » Fred Jackson (American football coach) e.g Fred Jackson, American football player and coach
- 9th » Giorgos Kastrinakis, Greek-American basketball player
- 9th » David Troughton, English actor
- 10th » Elías Sosa, Dominican-American baseball player
- 11th » Lynsey de Paul, English singer-songwriter, pianist, and actress (d. 2014)
- 11th » Graham Russell, English-Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Air Supply)
- 12th » Michael Fabricant, English politician
- 12th » Sonia Manzano, American actress and singer
- 13th » Belinda Bauer (actress) called Belinda Bauer, Australian-American actress and psychologist
- 13th » Nick Brown, English politician
- 13th » Gerd Zewe, German footballer and manager
- 14th » Rowan Williams, Welsh archbishop
- 15th » Juliana Azumah-Mensah, Ghanaian nurse and politician
- 15th » Lakshmi Mittal, Indian-English businessman
- 16th » Mithun Chakraborty, Indian actor
- 16th » Michel Clair, Canadian politician
- 18th » Annelie Ehrhardt, German hurdler
- 18th » Mike Johanns, American politician, 38th Governor of Nebraska
- 18th » Jackie Leven, Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Doll by Doll) (d. 2011)
- 19th » Ann Wilson, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Heart (band) or Heart)
- 20th » Nouri al-Maliki, Iraqi politician, 76th Prime Minister of Iraq
- 20th » Peregrine Simon, English lawyer and judge
- 21st » Anne Carson, Canadian poet and academic
- 21st » Joey Kramer, American drummer and songwriter (Aerosmith)
- 21st » Gérard Lanvin, French actor
- 21st » Vasilis Papakonstantinou, Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 21st » Enn Reitel, Scottish actor and screenwriter
- 22nd » Adrian Năstase, Romanian lawyer and politician, 59th Prime Minister of Romania
- 22nd » Zenonas Petrauskas, Lithuanian lawyer and politician (d. 2009)
- 23rd » Nicholas Cleobury, English organist and conductor
- 24th » Nancy Allen (actress) or Nancy Allen, American actress
- 24th » Bob Carlos Clarke, Irish photographer (d. 2006)
- 24th » Mercedes Lackey, American author
- 25th » Michel Côté (actor) called Michel Côté, Canadian actor and screenwriter
- 25th » Nitza Saul, Israeli-English actress
- 25th » Marcello Toninelli, Italian author
- 26th » Jaak Joala, Estonian singer (d. 2014)
- 27th » Peter J. Schmitt, American politician (d. 2012)
- 28th » David Lanz, American pianist
- 28th » Mauricio Rojas, Chilean-Swedish economist and politician
- 28th » Chris Speier, American baseball player and coach
- 29th » Don Moen (singer) known as Don Moen, American singer-songwriter and producer
- 30th » Leonard Whiting, English actor
Year 1950 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of June Star Signs.
Year 1950 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month