Zodiac Signs August 1950 Birthstone
August Birthstones Astrology
- The August Birthstones are the Peridot and Sardonyx. The peridot symbolizes strength. It is sometimes called the evening emerald for its light green color. It was once believed that the green peridot crystals found in volcanic ashes were the tears of the volcano goddess Pele. When set in gold, this gem was said to protect the wearer from nightmares. Peridot is called the traditional birthstone of August. Sardonyx is considered the secondary birthstone of August.
August Zodiac Signs
- Month of August Zodiac Signs are Leo(until August 22) and Virgo(from August 23 onwards).
- Leo (July 23 - August 21) Like the ruler of the jungle Leos are natural born leaders. Main qualities that make a great leader are being brave and headstrong. However Leos also can be loving and generous. To combine these qualities and finding balance is of great importance to Leos.
Leos are compatible with: other Leo as well as Libra, Sagittarius, Cancer, and Gemini.
- Virgo (August 22 - September 22) People born into the star sign Virgo are perfectionists. Having a goog memorie and great social instincts are big qualities of Virgo. Organization and planning comes very easy to Virgos. This is also the reason why working in teams as a project manager or even a normal team member feels like a great time to them.
Virgo are compatible with: other Virgos as well as Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus and Cancer.
August Birth Flowers
- Month of August flower is the Gladiolus or Sword Lily. It blooms in a variety of colours like red, pink, white, yellow and orange. This birth flower stands for sincerity and symbolises strength of character. With Gladiolus, the recipient's heart is being pierced with love. The other August flower is the poppy. A red poppy signifies pleasure, a white poppy is given for consolation, and a yellow poppy wishes wealth and success.
- Strength, Moral Integrity, Remembrance and Infatuation. This long lasting August Birth Flower Gladiolus comes in a variety of colours.
Historical Events for August, 1950
- 18th » Julien Lahaut, the chairman of the Communist Party of Belgium is assassinated by far-right elements.
- 20th » Korean War: United Nations Battle of Taegu repel an offensive by North Korean divisions attempting to cross the Nakdonggang Naktong River and assault the city of Daegu Taegu.
- 22nd » Althea Gibson becomes the first black Competition named competitor in international tennis.
- 24th » Edith Sampson becomes the first black U.S. delegate to the United Nations.
- 29th » Korean War: British people or British troops arrive in Korea to bolster the US presence there.
Famous Birthdays on August in 1950
- 1st » Bunkhouse Buck, American wrestler
- 1st » Jim Carroll, American poet and author (d. 2009)
- 1st » Roy Williams (coach) called Roy Williams, American basketball player and coach
- 2nd » Jussi Adler-Olsen, Danish author
- 2nd » Kathryn Harrold, American actress
- 2nd » Lance Ito, American lawyer and judge
- 2nd » Sue Rodriguez, Canadian activist (d. 1994)
- 3rd » Linda Howard, American author
- 3rd » John Landis, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 3rd » Jo Marie Payton, American actress and singer
- 3rd » Ernesto Samper, Colombian economist and politician, 29th President of Colombia
- 4th » Caldwell Jones, American basketball player (d. 2014)
- 5th » Luiz Gushiken, Brazilian union leader and politician (d. 2013)
- 5th » Mahendra Karma, Indian politician (d. 2013)
- 5th » Goldie Rogers, Canadian wrestler (d. 2012)
- 6th » Dorian Harewood, American actor and singer
- 7th » Alan Keyes, American politician and diplomat, 16th Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs
- 7th » S. Thandayuthapani, Sri Lankan educator and politician
- 8th » Sarah Dunant, English author and critic
- 8th » Ken Kutaragi, Japanese businessman, created PlayStation (console) or PlayStation
- 10th » Patti Austin, American singer-songwriter
- 10th » Rémy Girard, Canadian actor
- 11th » Elya Baskin, Latvian-American actor
- 11th » Erik Brann, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Iron Butterfly) (d. 2003)
- 11th » Gennadiy Nikonov, Russian engineer, designed the AN-94 e.g AN-94 rifle (d. 2003)
- 11th » Steve Wozniak, American computer scientist and programmer, co-founded Apple Inc.
- 12th » Jim Beaver, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- 13th » Rusty Gerhardt, American baseball player, coach, and manager
- 14th » Gary Larson, American cartoonist
- 15th » Tommy Aldridge, American drummer (Motörhead, Whitesnake, Black Oak Arkansas, and Thin Lizzy)
- 15th » Tom Kelly (baseball) known as Tom Kelly, American baseball player and manager
- 15th » Anne, Princess Royal of the United Kingdom
- 16th » Hasely Crawford, Trinidadian runner
- 16th » Stockwell Day, Canadian politician
- 16th » Jeff Thomson, Australian cricketer
- 16th » Neda Ukraden, Serbian singer
- 18th » Dennis Elliott, English drummer and sculptor (Foreigner (band) or Foreigner and If (band) named If)
- 19th » Graeme Beard, Australian cricketer
- 19th » Jennie Bond, English journalist
- 19th » Sudha Murthy, Indian social worker and author
- 21st » Arthur Bremer, American attempted murderer
- 21st » Patrick Juvet, Swiss singer-songwriter and model
- 22nd » Ray Burris, American baseball player and coach
- 22nd » Scooter Libby, American lawyer, Chief of Staff to the Vice President of the United States
- 23rd » Alan Tam, Hong Kong singer and actor (The Wynners)
- 24th » John Banaszak, American football player and coach
- 24th » Tim D. White, American paleoanthropologist and academic
- 25th » Nugzar Bagration-Gruzinsky, Georgian son of Petre Gruzinsky
- 25th » Charles Fambrough, American bassist, composer, and producer (d. 2011)
- 26th » Benjamin Hendrickson, American actor (d. 2006)
- 26th » Jüri Okas, Estonian architect
- 27th » Charles Fleischer, American comedian, actor, and singer
- 27th » Neil Murray (British musician) known as Neil Murray, Scottish bass player and songwriter (Whitesnake, Black Sabbath, Colosseum II, and Gogmagog (band) named Gogmagog)
- 27th » Edmund Weiner, English lexicographer and author
- 28th » Ron Guidry, American baseball player and coach
- 28th » Tony Husband, English cartoonist
- 29th » Michael (Dahulich) known as Michael, American bishop
- 29th » Doug DeCinces, American baseball player
- 29th » Frank Henenlotter, American director and screenwriter
- 29th » Dave Reichert, American soldier and politician
Famous Deaths for August 1950
- 8th » Fergus McMaster, Australian businessman, founded Qantas (b. 1879)
- 18th » Julien Lahaut, Belgian politician (b. 1884)
- 19th » Giovanni Giorgi, Italian engineer (b. 1871)
- 22nd » Kirk Bryan (geologist) or Kirk Bryan, American geologist and academic (b. 1888)
- 25th » Earl Caddock, American wrestler (b. 1888)
- 27th » Cesare Pavese, Italian author, poet, and critic (b. 1908)
Year 1950 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of August Star Signs.
Year 1950 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month