What Happened On 17th August 1864 In History
August 17th (1864) was a Wednesday. It's the 229th day of the year (230th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 136 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 17th August, 1864
- » American Civil War: Battle of Gainesville – Confederate forces defeat Union troops near Gainesville, Florida.
August 17th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints or Feast Day:
- » Clare of Montefalco known as Clare of the Cross
- » Hyacinth of Poland
- » Johann Gerhard (Lutheran)
- » Mammes of Caesarea (Catholic Church)
- » Samuel Johnson, Timothy Cutler (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » August 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » List of national independence days called Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Gabon from France in 1960.
- » Portunes called Portunalia (Roman Empire)
- » Public holidays in Slovenia e.g Prekmurje Union Day (Slovenia)
Year 1864 historical events for the month of August