What Happened On 8th August 1864 In History
August 8th (1864) was a Monday. It's the 220th day of the year (221st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 145 days left to the end of the year.
August 8th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints e.g Feast Day:
- » Cyriacus
- » Saint Dominic or Dominic de Guzman, founder of the Dominican Order.
- » Pope Hormisdas e.g Hormisdas
- » Scribonius Largus called Largus
- » Mary MacKillop
- » Smaragdus (and companions)
- » August 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Earliest day on which Melon Day can fall, while August 14 is the latest; celebrated on the second Sunday in August. (Turkmenistan)
- » List of holidays by country Tanzania known as Farmer’s Day or 'Nane Nane', Swahili for "8-8". (Tanzania)
Year 1864 historical events for the month of August