What Happened On 18th August 1864 In History
August 18th (1864) was a Thursday. It's the 230th day of the year (231st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 135 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 18th August, 1864
- » American Civil War: Battle of Globe Tavern – Union (American Civil War) e.g Union forces try to cut a vital Confederate States of America or Confederate supply-line into Petersburg, Virginia, by attacking the Wilmington and Weldon Railroad.
August 18th Holidays in History
- » Birthday of Virginia Dare Tourism and advertising called Virginia Dare (Roanoke Island)
- » Christian Calendar of saints called Feast Day:
- » Agapitus of Palestrina
- » Alberto Hurtado
- » Saint Fiacre
- » Helena (Empress) or Helena of Constantinople (Catholic Church or Roman Catholic Church)
- » William Porcher DuBose (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » August 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Year 1864 historical events for the month of August