What Happened On 9th August 1864 In History
August 9th (1864) was a Tuesday. It's the 221st day of the year (222nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 144 days left to the end of the year.
August 9th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Edith Stein
- » Saint Firmus and Saint Rusticus named Firmus and Rusticus
- » Saint Herman of Alaska or Herman of Alaska (Russian Orthodox Church and Eastern Orthodox Church known as related congregations; Episcopal Church (USA))
- » Saint Jean Vianney named Jean Vianney
- » Mary Sumner (Church of England)
- » Nath Í of Achonry
- » Romanus Ostiarius
- » Secundian, Marcellian and Verian
- » August 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » National Day (Singapore) or National Day, celebrates the independence of Singapore from Malaysia in 1965.
Year 1864 historical events for the month of August