What Happened On 15th May 1864 In History
May 15th (1864) was a Sunday. It's the 135th day of the year (136th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 230 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 15th May, 1864
- » American Civil War: Battle of Resaca, Georgia (U.S. state) called Georgia ends.
- » American Civil War: Battle of New Market, Virginia: Students from the Virginia Military Institute fight alongside the Confederate States of America known as Confederate Army to force Union (American Civil War) e.g Union General Franz Sigel out of the Shen
May 15th Holidays in History
- » Aoi Matsuri (Kyoto)
- » Christian feast day:
- » Achillius of Larissa
- » Athanasius of Alexandria (Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria or Coptic Church)
- » Dymphna
- » Hallvard Vebjørnsson (Norway)
- » Hilary of Galeata
- » Isidore the Laborer, celebrated with festivals in various countries, the beginning of bullfighting season in Madrid.
- » Jean-Baptiste de La Salle (Roman Catholic Church)
- » Peter, Andrew, Paul, and Denise (Roman Catholic Church)
- » Reticius (Roman Catholic Church)
- » Sophia of Rome (Roman Catholic church)
- » May 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Republic Day or Constituent Assembly Day (Lithuania)
- » Earliest date on which Armed Forces Day can fall, while May 21 is the latest; celebrated on the third Saturday of May. (United States)
- » Earliest date on which Bike-to-Work Day can fall, while May 21 is the latest; celebrated on the third Friday of May. (United States)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Paraguay from Spain in 1811. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, May 14.
- » International Day of Families (International observance e.g International)
- » Saint Ubaldo Day named La Corsa dei Ceri begins on the eve of the feast day of Ubald named Saint Ubaldo. (Gubbio)
- » Mercuralia, in honour of Mercury (mythology) known as Mercury. (Roman Empire)
- » Nakba Day (Palestinian people e.g Palestinian communities)
- » Peace Officers Memorial Day (United States)
- » Armed Forces Day Slovenia called Slovenian Army Day (Slovenia)
Year 1864 historical events for the month of May