What Happened On 20th May 1876 In History
May 20th (1876) was a Saturday. It's the 140th day of the year (141st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 225 days left to the end of the year.
May 20th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints known as Feast Day:
- » Abercius and Helena
- » Aurea of Ostia
- » Austregisilus
- » Baudilus
- » Bernardino of Siena
- » Ivo of Chartres
- » Lucifer of Cagliari
- » Saint Sanctan known as Sanctan
- » May 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » The first First Council of Nicaea or Council of Nicaea, CE 325 (commemoration, Anglicanism)
- » Day of Remembrance (Cambodia)
- » Emancipation Day Florida or Emancipation Day (Florida)
- » European Maritime Day (European Council)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Cuba from the United States in 1902.
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of East Timor from Indonesia in 2002.
- » Indonesian National Awakening (Indonesia)
- » Josephine Baker Day - in 1951 the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) named May 20 Josephine Baker Day in honor of her efforts and fight against racism.
- » National Day (Cameroon) or National Day (Cameroon)
Year 1876 historical events for the month of May