What Happened On 21st March 1999 In History
March 21st (1999) was a Sunday. It's the 80th day of the year (81st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 285 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 21st March, 1999
- » Bertrand Piccard and Brian Jones (aeronaut) called Brian Jones become the first to circumnavigate the Earth in a hot air balloon.
March 21st Famous Deaths for 1999
- » Jean Guitton, French philosopher and author (b. 1905)
- » Ernie Wise, English comedian and actor (b. 1925)
March 21st Holidays in History
- » Fiestas Patrias (Mexico) Natalicio de Benito Juárez called Birth of Benito Juárez, a Fiestas Patrias (Mexico)
- » Newroz (Persian Empire)
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Nicholas of Flüe
- » Sacramentary of Serapion of Thmuis called Serapion of Thmuis
- » Thomas Cranmer (commemoration, Anglican Communion)
- » Earliest day on which Holy Saturday can fall, while April 24 is the latest; celebrated on the Saturday before Easter. (Christianity)
- » Harmony Day (Australia)
- » Human Rights Day (South Africa)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Namibia from South African mandate in 1990.
- » International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (International observance named International)
- » International Day of Forests (International observances named International), by proclamation of the United Nations General Assembly
- » International Colour Day, established by the International Colour Association and approved by associations and members from more than 30 countries
- » Vernal Equinox related observances '(see March 20)'
- » World Down Syndrome Day (International observances named International)
- » World Poetry Day (International observances known as International)
- » World Puppetry Day (International observances named International)
Year 1999 historical events for the month of March