What Happened On 29th March 1999 In History
March 29th (1999) was a Monday. It's the 88th day of the year (89th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 277 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 29th March, 1999
- » The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above the 10,000 mark (10,006.78) for the first time, during the height of the internet boom.
- » A 1999 Chamoli earthquake named magnitude 6.8 earthquake strikes the Chamoli district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, killing 103.
March 29th Famous Deaths for 1999
- » Joe Williams (jazz singer) or Joe Williams, American singer (b. 1918)
- » Gyula Zsengellér, Hungarian footballer (b. 1915)
March 29th Holidays in History
- » Barthélemy Boganda e.g Boganda Day (Central African Republic)
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » St. Bertold named Bertold
- » Eustace of Luxeuil
- » Gwladys
- » Gwynllyw
- » Hans Nielsen Hauge (Lutheran)
- » March 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » John Keble (commemoration, Anglican Communion)
- » Public holidays in Madagascar called Commemoration of the 1947 Rebellion (Madagascar)
- » Day of the Young Combatant (Chile)
- » Earliest day on which the Octave of Easter or Octave Day of Easter can fall, while May 2 is the latest; observed on the Sunday after Easter. (Christianity)
Year 1999 historical events for the month of March