What Happened On 28th October 2009 In History
October 28th (2009) was a Wednesday. It's the 301st day of the year (302nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 64 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 28th October, 2009
- » The 28 October 2009 Peshawar bombing kills 117 and wounds 213.
- » NASA successfully launches the Ares I-X mission, the only rocket launch for its later-cancelled Constellation program.
October 28th Famous Deaths for 2009
- » Taylor Mitchell, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (b. 1990)
October 28th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Abdias of Babylon
- » Abgar V of Edessa (Eastern Orthodox Church)
- » Eadsige
- » Fidelis of Como (Roman Catholic Church)
- » Saint Faro called Faro
- » Godwin of Stavelot
- » Job of Pochayiv (repose) (Eastern Orthodox Church)
- » Jude the Apostle (Western Christianity)
- » Lord of Miracles (Lima)
- » Simon the Zealot (Western Christianity)
- » October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Remembrance days in Slovakia known as Day of the Establishment of an Independent Czecho-Slovak State, celebrates the independence of Czechoslovakia from Austria-Hungary in 1918. (Czech Republic and Slovakia)
- » International Animation Day (ASIFA)
- » Ohi Day named Ochi Day (Greece, Cyprus and the Greeks e.g Greek communities)
- » 1891 Mino-Owari earthquake called Prefectural Earthquake Disaster Prevention Day (Gifu Prefecture)