What Happened On 3rd October 2009 In History
October 3rd (2009) was a Saturday. It's the 276th day of the year (277th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 89 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 3rd October, 2009
- » The presidents of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkey sign the Nakhchivan Agreement on the Establishment of Turkic Council.
October 3rd Famous Deaths for 2009
- » Fatima el-Sharif, Libyan wife of Idris of Libya (b. 1911)
October 3rd Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints called feast day:
- » Abd-al-Masih (martyr) named Abd-al-Masih
- » Two Ewalds called Ewald the Black and Ewald the Fair
- » Théodore Guérin
- » George Bell (bishop) e.g George Bell and John Raleigh Mott, Episcopal Church (USA))
- » October 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » German Unity Day (National Day of Germany)
- » Iraq British Mandate and Kingdom e.g National Day (Iraq), celebrates the independence of Iraq from the United Kingdom in 1932.
- » Gaecheonjeol or National Foundation Day or 'Gaecheonjeol' (South Korea)
- » 3 October Festival (Leiden, Netherlands)