Zodiac Signs April 1949 Birthstone
April Birthstones Astrology
- The April Birthstone is the Diamond. Diamonds are associated with desire and connection. Symbolizing everlasting love diamonds were once thought to bring courage. Diamond is called the traditional birthstone of April. Crystal quartz is considered the secondary birthstone for April.
April Zodiac Signs
- Month of April Zodiac Signs are Aries(until April 20) and Taurus(April 21 onwards).
- Aries (March 21 - April 19) Aries have an amazing inner drive and don't shy away from hard work if that is what it takes to get what they want. Having a great deal of drive and ambition is their trademark. Being very social and having a great sence of humor by nature makes it easy for Aroies to blend in anywhere. Creative with a very strong will. These individuals don't like to share their emotions or feelings with others. But this can change once you get to know them better.
Aries are compatible with: Gemini, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Capricorn and Pisces.
- Taurus (April 20 - May 19) The Taurus has great strength in physical and mental capacities. Maybe this is why stubbornness or being a stuborn bull is often associated with this star sign. Work wise being able to teac to others is one of their strengths, at least on some level due to the fact that they are sympathetic and loving.
Taurus is compatible with: Libra, Taurus, Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo and Pisces.
April Birth Flowers
- Month of April is associated with Sweet Pea(also withDaisy) flower which bloom in a wide range of soft colors as well as two tone colours. It is said to symbolise pleasure or good-bye. In the Victorian era, these birth flowers formed a part of the bouquet which was sent to someone to convey gratefulness. It is also a flower given between friends to keep a secret.
- Love, youth and purity. April Birth Flower Daisy conveys innocence and there are five common types.
Historical Events for April, 1949
- 1st » Chinese Civil War: The Communist Party of China called Chinese Communist Party holds unsuccessful peace talks with the Kuomintang or Nationalist Party in Beijing, after three years of fighting.
- 1st » The Government of Canada repeals Japanese Canadian internment after seven years.
- 1st » The 26 counties of the Irish Free State become Republic of Ireland known as Ireland.
- 4th » Twelve nations sign the North Atlantic Treaty creating the NATO named North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- 5th » Fireside Theater debuts on television.
- 5th » A fire in a hospital in Effingham, Illinois, kills 77 people and leads to nationwide fire code improvements in the United States.
- 18th » The keel for the aircraft carrier USS United States CVA-58 6 is laid down at Northrop Grumman Newport News Newport News Drydock and Shipbuilding. However, construction is canceled five days later, resulting in the Revolt of the Admirals.
- 28th » Former First Lady of the Philippines Aurora Quezon, 61, is assassinated while 'en route' to dedicate a hospital in memory of her Manuel L. Quezon or late husband; her daughter and ten others are also killed.
Famous Birthdays on April in 1949
- 1st » Gérard Mestrallet, French businessman
- 1st » Sammy Nelson, Irish footballer and coach
- 1st » Gil Scott-Heron, American singer-songwriter and author (d. 2011)
- 2nd » Paul Gambaccini, American-English radio and television host
- 2nd » Bernd Müller (footballer born 1949) or Bernd Müller, German footballer
- 2nd » Ron Palillo, American actor (d. 2012)
- 2nd » Pamela Reed, American actress
- 2nd » David Robinson (musician) called David Robinson, American drummer (The Modern Lovers, DMZ (band) named DMZ, and The Cars)
- 3rd » Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck, German footballer
- 3rd » A. C. Grayling, Zambian-English philosopher and academic
- 3rd » Richard Thompson (musician) or Richard Thompson, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fairport Convention and French Frith Kaiser Thompson)
- 3rd » Lyle Alzado, American football player (d. 1992)
- 4th » Junior Braithwaite, Jamaican-American singer (Bob Marley and the Wailers) (d. 1999)
- 4th » Shing-Tung Yau, Chinese-American mathematician
- 5th » John Berg (actor) called John Berg, American actor (d. 2007)
- 5th » Judith Resnik, American engineer and astronaut (d. 1986)
- 6th » Alyson Bailes, English-Irish academic and diplomat
- 6th » Patrick Hernandez, French singer-songwriter
- 6th » Horst Ludwig Störmer, German physicist, Nobel Prize in Physics or Nobel Prize laureate
- 7th » Luca Cumani, Italian horse trainer
- 7th » Mitch Daniels, American academic and politician, 49th Governor of Indiana
- 7th » John Oates, American singer-songwriter guitarist, and producer (Hall & Oates)
- 8th » K. C. Kamalasabayson, Sri Lankan lawyer and politician, 39th Attorney General of Sri Lanka (d. 2007)
- 8th » John Madden (director) named John Madden, English director and producer
- 8th » Joe Royle, English footballer and manager
- 8th » Brenda Russell, American-Canadian singer-songwriter and keyboard player
- 8th » John Scott (sociologist) known as John Scott, British sociologist
- 9th » Tony Cragg, English sculptor
- 10th » Daniel Mangeas, French sportscaster
- 11th » Bernd Eichinger, German director and producer (d. 2011)
- 11th » Carl Franklin, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- 12th » Scott Turow, American lawyer and author
- 13th » Len Cook, New Zealand-English mathematician and statistician
- 13th » Frank Doran (British politician) called Frank Doran, Scottish lawyer and politician
- 13th » Christopher Hitchens, English-American journalist and author (d. 2011)
- 13th » Ricardo Zunino, Argentinian race car driver
- 14th » Dave Gibbons, English illustrator
- 14th » DeAnne Julius, American-English economist
- 14th » Chris Langham, English actor and screenwriter
- 14th » John Shea, American actor and director
- 15th » Alla Pugacheva, Russian singer-songwriter and actress
- 15th » Craig Zadan, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- 16th » Melody Patterson, American actress
- 16th » Ann Romney, American wife of Mitt Romney
- 16th » Pirkko Saisio, Finnish actress and director
- 17th » Mike Hill (bishop) e.g Mike Hill, English bishop
- 18th » Geoff Bodine, American race car driver
- 19th » Paloma Picasso, French-Spanish fashion designer
- 19th » Larry Walters, American truck driver and pilot (d. 1993)
- 20th » Veronica Cartwright, English-American actress
- 20th » Toller Cranston, Canadian figure skater and painter
- 20th » Paul Heiney, English journalist
- 20th » Jessica Lange, American actress
- 21st » Patti LuPone, American actress and singer
- 23rd » Paul Collier, English economist and academic
- 23rd » David Cross (musician) e.g David Cross, English violinist (King Crimson)
- 23rd » Joyce DeWitt, American actress
- 24th » Eddie Hart (athlete) called Eddie Hart, American sprinter
- 24th » James Paice, English politician
- 24th » Véronique Sanson, French singer-songwriter and producer
- 25th » Michael Brown (rock musician) known as Michael Brown, American keyboard player and songwriter (The Left Banke and Stories (band) called Stories)
- 25th » James Fenton, English poet and critic
- 25th » Vicente Pernía, Argentinian footballer and race car driver
- 25th » Dominique Strauss-Kahn, French economist, lawyer, and politician
- 26th » Carlos Bianchi, Argentinian footballer and manager
- 26th » Jerry Blackwell, American wrestler (d. 1995)
- 26th » Dominic Sena, American director and screenwriter
- 27th » Grant Chapman, Australian politician
- 28th » Jeremy Cooke, English judge
- 28th » Paul Guilfoyle, American actor
- 28th » Bruno Kirby, American actor (d. 2006)
- 28th » Indian Larry, American motorcycle rider and builder (d. 2004)
- 29th » Anita Dobson, English actress and singer
- 30th » Phil Garner, American baseball player and manager
- 30th » António Guterres, Portuguese politician, 114th Prime Minister of Portugal
- 30th » Karl Meiler, German tennis player (d. 2014)
Famous Deaths for April 1949
- 7th » John Gourlay, Canadian soccer player (b. 1872)
- 15th » Wallace Beery, American actor (b. 1885)
- 18th » Will Hay, English actor and director (b. 1888)
- 19th » Ulrich Salchow, Swedish figure skater (b. 1877)
- 22nd » Charles Middleton (actor) known as Charles Middleton, American actor (b. 1874)
- 28th » Aurora Quezon, Filipino wife of Manuel Quezon, 2nd First Lady of the Philippines (b. 1888)
Year 1949 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of April Star Signs.
Year 1949 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month