Zodiac Signs September 1949 Birthstone
September Birthstones Astrology
- The September Birthstone is the Sapphire. The Sapphire was once thought to guard against evil and poisoning. It was believed that a venomous snake would die if placed in a vessel made of sapphire. Traditionally a favorite stone of priests and kings, the sapphire symbolizes purity and wisdom. Sapphire is called the traditional birthstone of September. Lapis Lazuli is considered the secondary birthstone for September.
September Zodiac Signs
- Month of September Zodiac Signs are Virgo(until September 21) and Libra(from September 22 onwards).
- Virgo (August 22 - September 22) People born into the star sign Virgo are perfectionists. Having a goog memorie and great social instincts are big qualities of Virgo. Organization and planning comes very easy to Virgos. This is also the reason why working in teams as a project manager or even a normal team member feels like a great time to them.
Virgo are compatible with: other Virgos as well as Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus and Cancer.
- Libra (September 23 - October 22) Libra tend to dislice big social gatherings and too much attention. Most of them tend to be introverts. Having a shy nature being too shy or quiet can sometimes work against their benefit. People born under this star sign tend to have great belief in justice. THis might also be why they are very trustworthy individuals.
Libra are compatible with: another Libra as well as Sagittarius, Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Gemini.
September Birth Flowers
- Aster or September flower is the flower for this month. It is found in a number of colours: pink, red, white, lilac and mauve. The name of the birth flower which looks like a star is derived from the Greek word for star. The flower symbolises love, faith, wisdom and colour. The other September flower is the morning glory. Morning glories are simple symbols of affection.
- Patience, Daintiness and Remembrance. This September Birth Flower Aster conveys deep emotional love and affection.
Historical Events for September, 1949
- 4th » The Peekskill Riots erupt after a Paul Robeson concert in Peekskill, New York.
- 6th » Allies of World War II called Allied military authorities relinquish control of former Nazi Germany assets back to German control.
- 17th » The Canadian steamship SS named Noronic burns in Toronto Harbour with the loss of over 118 lives.
- 30th » The Berlin Airlift ends.
Famous Birthdays on September in 1949
- 1st » Garry Maddox, American baseball player
- 1st » Alasdair McDonnell, Irish physician and politician
- 1st » P. A. Sangma, Indian politician, 11th Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- 2nd » Moira Stuart, English journalist
- 3rd » José Pékerman, Argentinian footballer, coach, and manager
- 3rd » Patriarch Peter VII of Alexandria (d. 2004)
- 4th » Darryl Cotton, Australian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor (Zoot (band) e.g Zoot and Cotton Keays & Morris) (d. 2012)
- 4th » Dean Pees, American football player and coach
- 4th » Tom Watson (golfer) e.g Tom Watson, American golfer
- 5th » Clem Clempson, English guitarist and songwriter (Humble Pie (band) Humble Pie, Colosseum (band) Colosseum, and Bakerloo (band) Bakerloo)
- 7th » Gloria Gaynor, American singer-songwriter and actress
- 7th » Dianne Hayter, Baroness Hayter of Kentish Town, German-English politician
- 7th » Barry Siegel, American journalist and academic
- 8th » Edward Hinds, English physicist and academic
- 9th » John Curry, English figure skater (d. 1994)
- 9th » Alain Mosconi, French swimmer and businessman
- 9th » Daniel Pipes, American historian and author
- 9th » Joe Theismann, American football player and sportscaster
- 9th » Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, Indonesian general and politician, 6th President of Indonesia
- 10th » Babette Cole, English author and illustrator
- 10th » Don Muraco, American wrestler
- 11th » Roger Uttley, English rugby player and coach
- 11th » Bill Whittington, American race car driver
- 12th » Charles Burlingame, American soldier and pilot (d. 2001)
- 12th » Irina Rodnina, Russian figure skater
- 13th » John W. Henry, American businessman
- 14th » Steve Gaines, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Lynyrd Skynyrd and Detroit (band) known as Detroit) (d. 1977)
- 14th » Ed King, American guitarist and songwriter (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hunger (band) named Hunger, and Strawberry Alarm Clock)
- 14th » Tommy Seebach, Danish singer-songwriter, pianist, and producer (Sir Henry and his Butlers) (d. 2003)
- 14th » Eikichi Yazawa, Japanese singer-songwriter
- 15th » Joe Barton, American politician
- 16th » Chrisye, Indonesian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2007)
- 16th » Ed Begley, Jr., American actor and producer
- 17th » Ron Stevens, Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- 18th » Kerry Livgren, American guitarist and songwriter (Kansas (band) known as Kansas, AD (band) known as AD, and Proto-Kaw)
- 18th » Jim McCrery, American lawyer and politician
- 18th » Mo Mowlam, English politician, Minister for the Cabinet Office (d. 2005)
- 18th » Peter Shilton, English footballer and manager
- 19th » Twiggy, English model, actress, and singer
- 19th » Sally Potter, English director, screenwriter, and composer
- 19th » Ernie Sabella, American actor and singer
- 19th » Barry Scheck, American lawyer, co-founded the Innocence Project
- 20th » Mahesh Bhatt, Indian director, producer, and screenwriter
- 20th » Anthony Denison, American actor
- 20th » Victoria Mallory, American actress and singer (d. 2014)
- 21st » Henry Butler, American pianist and photographer
- 21st » Artis Gilmore, American basketball player and radio host
- 21st » Odilo Scherer, Brazilian cardinal
- 22nd » James Cartwright, American general
- 22nd » Jim McGinty, Australian politician, Attorney-General of Western Australia
- 23rd » Floella Benjamin, Baroness Benjamin, Trinidadian-English actress, academic, and politician
- 23rd » Jerry B. Jenkins, American author
- 23rd » Bruce Springsteen, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (E Street Band and Steel Mill)
- 23rd » Kostas Tournas, Greek singer-songwriter
- 24th » Bill Connors, American guitarist (Return to Forever)
- 25th » Pedro Almodóvar, Spanish director, producer, and screenwriter
- 25th » Jeff Borowiak, American tennis player
- 26th » Clodoaldo, Brazilian footballer
- 26th » Wendy Saddington, Australian singer (Chain (band) named Chain and James Taylor Move) (d. 2013)
- 26th » Jane Smiley, American author
- 26th » Marie Tifo, Canadian actress
- 26th » Minette Walters, English author
- 27th » Graham Richardson, Australian journalist and politician, 39th Minister for Health (Australia) known as Australian Minister for Health
- 27th » Mike Schmidt, American baseball player and coach
- 27th » Jahn Teigen, Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 28th » Jim Henshaw, Canadian actor, screenwriter, and producer
- 29th » George Dalaras, Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist
Famous Deaths for September 1949
- 4th » Olof Ås, Swedish actor and production manager (b. 1892)
- 6th » Walter Widdop, English tenor (b. 1892)
- 7th » José Clemente Orozco, Mexican painter (b. 1883)
- 8th » Richard Strauss, German composer and manager (b. 1864)
- 11th » Henri Rabaud, French composer and conductor (b. 1873)
- 13th » August Krogh, Danish physiologist and academic, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine e.g Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1874)
- 14th » Romuald Joubé, French actor (b. 1876)
- 18th » Frank Morgan, American actor and singer (b. 1890)
- 19th » Will Cuppy, American author and critic (b. 1884)
- 19th » George Shiels, Irish playwright (b. 1886)
- 19th » Nikos Skalkottas, Greek violinist and composer (b. 1901)
- 28th » Archbishop Chrysanthus of Athens (b. 1881)
Year 1949 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of September Star Signs.
Year 1949 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month