Zodiac Signs February 1949 Birthstone
February Birthstones Astrology
- The February Birthstone is the Amethyst. It symbolizes piety, humility, spiritual wisdom, and sincerity. At one point in time, only royalty could wear the gem. Amethyst is said to be associated with good luck, humor, and health. Amethyst is called the traditional birthstone of February. Onyx is considered the secondary birthstone of February.
February Zodiac Signs
- Month of February Zodiac Signs are Aquarius(until February 18) and Pisces(February 19 onwards).
- Aquarius (January 21 - February 19) People born under this sign can sometimes leave an impression of being simple minded. However this is actually one of their positive qualities. This quality can result in being honest, loyal and dependable. Some other great attributes of the Aquarius are smarts and a drive towards independence.
Aquarius are compatible with: Aries, Gemini, Libra, Pisces, Sagittarius and other Aquarius.
- Pisces (February 20 - March 20) Pisces and Aquarius have some common qualities. Both tend to be honest and like to be low key in social situations. Neither likes to draw attention to themselves. People who are born under the sign of Pisces tend to be generous and passionate towards other people and their own goals.
Pisces are compatible with: Aries, Aquarius, Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio and Capricorn.
February Birth Flowers
- Month of February is associated with St. Valentine's Day and red roses. However, the flower for the month is Violet. The flower symbolises faithfulness, humility and chastity. Gifting violets in the Victorian era conveyed the message: I'll always be true. The birth flower is found in shades of blue, mauve as well as yellow and cream.
- Faithfulness, Wisdom and Hope. Violets convey the meaning that you will always be true. February Birth Flower Violet comes in shades not only of Purple, which is what people commonly think of, but also of White.
Historical Events for February, 1949
- 8th » Cardinal Mindszenty of Hungary is sentenced for treason.
- 14th » The Knesset (Israeli parliament) convenes for the first time.
- 14th » The Asbestos Strike begins in Canada. The strike marks the beginning of the Quiet Revolution in Quebec.
- 15th » Gerald Lankester Harding and Roland de Vaux begin excavations at Cave 1 of the Qumran Caves, where they will eventually discover the first seven Dead Sea Scrolls.
- 17th » Chaim Weizmann begins his term as the first President of Israel.
- 19th » Ezra Pound is awarded the first Bollingen Prize named Bollingen Prize in poetry by the Bollingen Foundation and Yale University.
Famous Birthdays on February in 1949
- 2nd » Duncan Bannatyne, Scottish businessman and philanthropist
- 2nd » Yasuko Namba, Japanese mountaineer (d. 1996)
- 2nd » Brent Spiner, American actor
- 2nd » Ross Valory, American bass player (Journey (band) known as Journey and The Storm (band) named The Storm)
- 3rd » Rick Hautala, American author and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- 3rd » Arthur Kane, American bass player (New York Dolls) (d. 2004)
- 3rd » Hennie Kuiper, Dutch cyclist
- 4th » Edward Acton (academic) called Edward Acton, Zimbabwean-English historian and academic
- 4th » Michael Beck, American actor
- 4th » Rasim Delić, Bosnian general (d. 2010)
- 4th » Richard Ryder, Baron Ryder of Wensum, English broadcaster and politician
- 5th » Kurt Beck, German politician
- 5th » Yvon Vallières, Canadian politician
- 6th » Mike Batt, English singer-songwriter and producer (The Wombles (band) e.g The Wombles)
- 6th » Manuel Orantes, Spanish tennis player
- 6th » Jim Sheridan, Irish director, producer, and screenwriter
- 7th » Martin Daunton, Welsh historian and academic
- 7th » Paulo César Carpegiani, Brazilian footballer and coach
- 7th » Jacques Duchesneau, Canadian police officer and politician
- 7th » Joe English (musician) Joe English, American drummer (Wings (band) Wings and Sea Level (band) Sea Level)
- 7th » Alan Lancaster, English bass player (Status Quo (band) called Status Quo and The Party Boys)
- 8th » Brooke Adams (actress) named Brooke Adams, American actress
- 8th » Niels Arestrup, French actor
- 9th » Bernard Gallacher, Scottish golfer
- 9th » Judith Light, American actress
- 10th » Jim Corcoran, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 10th » Maxime Le Forestier, French singer and guitarist
- 10th » Nigel Olsson, English drummer, songwriter, and producer (The Spencer Davis Group and Plastic Penny)
- 10th » Harold Sylvester, American actor
- 11th » Guy Cloutier, Canadian record producer
- 12th » Pierre-Hugues Boisvenu, Canadian politician
- 12th » Enzo Hernández, Venezuelan baseball player (d. 2013)
- 12th » Joaquín Sabina, Spanish singer-songwriter
- 12th » Fergus Slattery, Irish rugby union player
- 13th » Judy Dyble, English singer-songwriter and pianist (Fairport Convention and Giles, Giles and Fripp)
- 14th » Christopher Lillicrap, English television host, actor, and screenwriter
- 15th » Ken Anderson (quarterback) named Ken Anderson, American football player
- 15th » Hans Graf, Austrian conductor
- 15th » Francisco Maturana, Colombian footballer and manager
- 16th » Bob Didier, American baseball player
- 16th » Lyn Paul, English singer and actress (The New Seekers)
- 17th » Fred Frith, English guitarist and songwriter (Henry Cow, Art Bears, Massacre (experimental band) called Massacre and Skeleton Crew (band) e.g Skeleton Crew)
- 18th » Gary Ridgway, American serial killer
- 19th » Danielle Bunten Berry, American game designer and programmer (d. 1998)
- 19th » William Messner-Loebs, American author and illustrator
- 20th » Mab Segrest, American author and activist
- 20th » Ivana Trump, Czech-American skier and model
- 21st » Jerry Harrison, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Talking Heads and The Modern Lovers)
- 21st » Ronnie Hellström, Swedish footballer
- 22nd » Niki Lauda, Austrian race car driver
- 22nd » Olga Morozova, Russian tennis player
- 23rd » Marc Garneau, Canadian engineer, astronaut, and politician
- 25th » Ric Flair, American wrestler
- 25th » Jack Handey, American author and screenwriter
- 25th » Amin Maalouf, Lebanese-French author
- 26th » Simon Crean, Australian politician
- 26th » Elizabeth George, American author
- 26th » Emma Kirkby, English soprano
- 27th » Istvan Banyai, Hungarian-American illustrator and animator
- 27th » Rosalinda Galli, Italian voice actress
- 27th » Robert Paterson (bishop) e.g Robert Paterson, English bishop
- 28th » Ilene Graff, American actress and singer
Famous Deaths for February 1949
- 1st » Nicolae Dumitru Cocea, Romanian journalist, author, and activist (b. 1880)
- 1st » Herbert Stothart, American conductor and composer (b. 1885)
- 12th » Hassan al-Banna, Egyptian educator founded the Muslim Brotherhood (b. 1906)
- 14th » Yusuf Salman Yusuf, Iraqi politician (b. 1901)
- 21st » Thomas Clay, English footballer and manager (b. 1892)
- 21st » Tan Malaka, Indonesian educator and activist (b. 1894)
Year 1949 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of February Star Signs.
Year 1949 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month