Zodiac Signs December 1949 Birthstone
December Birthstones Astrology
- The December Birthstones are the Turquoise, Zircon and Tanzanite. Turquoise is regarded as a love charm. It is also a symbol of good fortune and success, and it is believed to relax the mind and to protect its wearer from harm. Turquoise rings, in particular, are thought to keep away evil spirits. Turquoise is called the traditional birthstone of December. Blue topaz is considered the secondary birthstone for December.
December Zodiac Signs
- Month of December Zodiac Signs are Sagittarius(until December 21) and Capricorn(December 22 onwards).
- Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21) Theoretical thinkin is like honey to those people. Born as Sagittarius you will have a tendency to philosophize. Honesty and a strong sense of justice are some of the positive qualities of Sagittarius. Focus and energy are things they give to work and family life.
Sagittarius are compatible with: Aquarius, Libra, Aries and Leo.
- Capricorn (December 22 - January 20) When you were born as a Capricorn then you are considered to be quite intelligent. Capricorns are known to be very patient and will go to great lengths as to achieve perspnal goals. This is why Capricorns are usually well suited to handling business problems.
Capricorns are compatible with: Scorpio, Pisces, Virgo, Aries, Cancer and Taurus.
December Birth Flowers
- Month of December flower is the Narcissus. These flowers symbolize sweetness. The embodiment of the idea that you want your beloved one to stay just the way they are. The other December birth flower is Holly, which symbolizes your wish for domestic happiness.
- Good Cheer and Success. The December Birth Flower Narcissus senda a clear message of: You Are The Special One to the reciever.
Historical Events for December, 1949
- 7th » Chinese Civil War: The government of the Taiwan called Republic of China moves from Nanjing or Nanking to Taipei, Taiwan.
- 8th » The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East is established to provide aid to Palestinian refugees who left their homes during the 1948 Palestinian exodus.
- 13th » The Knesset votes to move the capital of Israel to Jerusalem.
- 27th » Indonesian National Revolution: The Netherlands officially recognizes Indonesian independence. End of the Dutch East Indies.
- 29th » KC2XAK of Bridgeport, Connecticut becomes the first Ultra high frequency (UHF) television station to operate a daily schedule.
Famous Birthdays on December in 1949
- 1st » Jan Brett, American author and illustrator
- 1st » Pablo Escobar, Colombian drug lord (d. 1993)
- 1st » Jake Hartford, American radio host (d. 2013)
- 1st » Sebastián Piñera, Chilean businessman and politician, 35th President of Chile
- 1st » Colleen Brennan, American porn actress
- 2nd » Ron Raines, American actor and singer
- 3rd » John Akii-Bua, Ugandan hurdler (d. 1997)
- 3rd » Heather Menzies, Canadian-American actress and singer
- 3rd » Mickey Thomas (singer) named Mickey Thomas, American singer-songwriter (Jefferson Starship and Starship (band) or Starship)
- 4th » A. Scott Berg, American journalist and author
- 4th » Jeff Bridges, American actor, singer, and producer
- 4th » Paula England, American sociologist
- 4th » Pamela Stephenson, New Zealand-Australian actress and psychologist
- 4th » Jock Stirrup, Baron Stirrup, English air marshal and politician, 20th Chief of the Defence Staff (United Kingdom) called Chief of the Defence Staff
- 5th » John Altman (composer) e.g John Altman, English composer and conductor
- 5th » David Manning, English diplomat, List of Ambassadors of the United Kingdom to the United States called British Ambassador to the United States
- 5th » Abdullah Senussi, Sudanese-Libyan general
- 6th » Linda Barnes (writer) named Linda Barnes, American author
- 6th » Linda Creed, American singer-songwriter (d. 1986)
- 6th » Doug Marlette, American cartoonist (d. 2007)
- 6th » Gregory Venables, English-Argentinian bishop
- 7th » James Rivière, Italian jeweler
- 7th » Tom Waits, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor
- 8th » Mary Gordon (writer) named Mary Gordon, American author and academic
- 8th » Nancy Meyers, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- 8th » Ray Shulman, English violinist, guitarist, and producer (Simon Dupree and the Big Sound and Gentle Giant)
- 8th » Robert Sternberg, American psychologist and academic
- 9th » Tom Kite, American golfer and architect
- 9th » Nando Parrado, Uruguayan survivor of the 1972 Andes flight disaster
- 11th » Noel Campbell (footballer) named Noel Campbell, Irish footballer and manager
- 12th » Chris Baillieu, English rower
- 12th » Bill Nighy, English actor and singer
- 12th » Gopinath Munde, Indian politician, 3rd Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra (d. 2014)
- 12th » Marc Ravalomanana, Malagasy politician, President of Madagascar
- 13th » Robert Lindsay (actor) or Robert Lindsay, English actor and singer
- 13th » R. A. MacAvoy, American author
- 13th » Randy Owen, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Alabama (band) named Alabama)
- 13th » Luc Sala, Dutch businessman
- 13th » Tom Verlaine, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Television (band) known as Television and Neon Boys)
- 13th » Paula Wilcox, English actress
- 14th » Bill Buckner, American baseball player and manager
- 14th » Cliff Williams, English bass player and singer (AC/DC, Home (UK band) called Home and Bandit (band) called Bandit)
- 15th » Don Johnson, American actor, singer, and producer
- 15th » Brian Roper (academic) known as Brian Roper, English economist and academic
- 16th » Billy Gibbons, American guitarist, songwriter, producer, and actor (ZZ Top and Moving Sidewalks)
- 16th » Heather Hallett, English judge
- 17th » Sotiris Kaiafas, Cypriot footballer
- 17th » Paul Rodgers, English singer-songwriter and producer (Free (band) Free, Bad Company, The Firm (rock band) The Firm, and The Law (band) The Law)
- 18th » David A. Johnston, American geologist (d. 1980)
- 19th » Sebastian (Danish musician) known as Sebastian, Danish singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 19th » Nancy Kyes, American actress
- 20th » Soumaïla Cissé, Malian engineer and politician
- 20th » Cecil Cooper, American baseball player and manager
- 20th » Oscar Gamble, American baseball player
- 20th » Leigh Hamilton, New Zealand-American actress (d. 2012)
- 21st » Nicholas Penny, English historian and academic
- 21st » Thomas Sankara, Burkinabé captain and politician, 5th President of Burkina Faso (d. 1987)
- 21st » Nikolaos Sifounakis, Greek politician
- 22nd » Maurice Gibb, Manx-English musician, singer, songwriter and record producer (Bee Gees, The Bloomfields, and The Rattlesnakes (1955 band) known as The Rattlesnakes) (d. 2003)
- 22nd » Robin Gibb, Manx-English singer-songwriter and record producer (Bee Gees and The Rattlesnakes (1955 band) or The Rattlesnakes) (d. 2012)
- 22nd » Ray Guy, American football player
- 23rd » Adrian Belew, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (King Crimson, Tom Tom Club, and The Bears (band) called The Bears)
- 23rd » Reinhold Weege, American screenwriter and producer (d. 2012)
- 24th » Warwick Brown, Australian race car driver
- 24th » Randy Neugebauer, American accountant and politician
- 25th » Simone Bittencourt de Oliveira, Brazilian singer
- 25th » Nawaz Sharif, Pakistani lawyer and politician, 12th List of Prime Ministers of Pakistan known as Prime Minister of Pakistan
- 25th » Sissy Spacek, American actress and singer
- 25th » Joe Louis Walker, American singer-songwriter, guitarist and producer
- 26th » Mikhail Boyarsky, Russian actor and singer
- 26th » Bob Hartman, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Petra (band) named Petra)
- 26th » José Ramos-Horta, East Timorese lawyer and politician, 2nd President of East Timor, Nobel Peace Prize e.g Nobel Prize laureate
- 28th » Barbara De Fina, American production manager and producer
- 29th » Syed Kirmani, Indian cricketer
- 29th » David Topliss, English rugby player and coach (d. 2008)
- 30th » David Bedford (athlete) known as David Bedford, English runner
- 30th » Jim Flaherty, Canadian lawyer and politician, 37th Minister of Finance (Canada) called Canadian Minister of Finance (d. 2014)
- 31st » Ellen Datlow, American anthologist and author
- 31st » Seub Nakhasathien, Thai environmentalist (d. 1990)
- 31st » Susan Shwartz, American author
Famous Deaths for December 1949
- 3rd » Maria Ouspenskaya, Russian-American actress and educator (b. 1876)
- 6th » Lead Belly, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (b. 1888)
- 7th » Rex Beach, American author, playwright, and water polo player (b. 1877)
- 16th » Sidney Olcott, Canadian-American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter (b. 1873)
- 25th » Leon Schlesinger, American animator and producer, founded Warner Bros. Cartoons (b. 1884)
- 28th » Jack Lovelock, New Zealand runner (b. 1910)
- 29th » Tyler Dennett, American historian and author (b. 1883)
- 31st » Raimond Valgre, Estonian pianist and composer (b. 1913)
Year 1949 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of December Star Signs.
Year 1949 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month