Zodiac Signs October 1949 Birthstone
October Birthstones Astrology
- The October Birthstones are the Tourmaline and Opal. Opals symbolizes faithfulness and confidence. The word Opal comes from the Latin opalus, meaning: precious jewel. Necklaces with opals set in them were worn to repel evil and to protect eyesight. Opal is called the traditional birthstone of October. Pink Tourmaline is considered the secondary birthstone for October.
October Zodiac Signs
- Month of October Zodiac Signs are Libra(until October 22) or Scorpio(October 23 onwards).
- Libra (September 23 - October 22) Libra tend to dislice big social gatherings and too much attention. Most of them tend to be introverts. Having a shy nature being too shy or quiet can sometimes work against their benefit. People born under this star sign tend to have great belief in justice. THis might also be why they are very trustworthy individuals.
Libra are compatible with: another Libra as well as Sagittarius, Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Gemini.
- Scorpio (October 23 - November 21) Scorpio by nature like to take action instead of thinking things through in great lengths. They tend to be ambitious, bold, courageous, and self confident. Scorpio have a clear vision for their desires in life. Going after those goals feel liberating to them. Cool headedness helps Scorpio to achieve their desires.
Scorpio are compatible with: Capricorn, Pisces, Cancer and Virgo.
October Birth Flowers
- Birth flower Marigold or Calendula is the flower associated with October. For the Hindus, the month of October is associated with festivals like Dusshera and Diwali and Marigold, an auspicious flower is part of religious ceremonies. However, in the English culture, marigold stands for sorrow and sympathy. The other October flower is cosmo, a symbol of order, peace, and serenity.
- Warm, Fierce, undying love, or one way of saying that you are content with being with the recipient.October Birth Flower Marigold exemplify elegance and devotion.
Historical Events for October, 1949
- 3rd » WERD (defunct) called WERD, the first black-owned radio station in the United States, opens in Atlanta.
- 7th » The communist East Germany or German Democratic Republic (East Germany) is formed.
- 14th » Eleven leaders of the American Communist Party are convicted, after a nine-month trial in a Federal District Court, of conspiring to advocate the violent overthrow of the U.S. Federal Government.
- 16th » Nikolaos Zachariadis, leader of the Communist Party of Greece, announces a "temporary cease-fire", effectively ending the Greek Civil War.
- 16th » The diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and the German Democratic Republic are established.
- 24th » The cornerstone of the United Nations Headquarters is laid.
Famous Birthdays on October in 1949
- 1st » Isaac Bonewits, American singer-songwriter, liturgist, and author (d. 2010)
- 1st » Sheila Gilmore, Scottish lawyer and politician
- 1st » André Rieu, Dutch violinist, composer, and conductor
- 2nd » Richard Hell, American singer-songwriter and bass player (Television (band) known as Television, Neon Boys, The Heartbreakers, and Dim Stars)
- 2nd » Annie Leibovitz, American photographer
- 3rd » Lindsey Buckingham, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Fleetwood Mac)
- 3rd » J. P. Dutta, Indian director, producer, and screenwriter
- 3rd » Aleksandr Rogozhkin, Russian director and screenwriter
- 4th » Armand Assante, American actor
- 4th » Stephen Gyllenhaal, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- 4th » Marion Albert Pruett, American murderer (d. 1999)
- 5th » Peter Ackroyd, British author and critic
- 5th » Ralph Goodale, Canadian lawyer and politician, 36th Minister of Finance (Canada) e.g Canadian Minister of Finance
- 5th » Bill James, American historian and author
- 5th » B. W. Stevenson, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1988)
- 6th » Leslie Moonves, American businessman
- 6th » Nicolas Peyrac, French singer-songwriter and photographer
- 7th » Dave Hope, American bass player and priest (Kansas (band) e.g Kansas and AD (band) called AD)
- 8th » Jerry Bittle, American cartoonist (d. 2003)
- 8th » Hamish Stuart, Scottish singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Average White Band)
- 8th » Sigourney Weaver, American actress and producer
- 10th » Ioannis Gklavakis, Greek politician
- 10th » Wang Wanxing, Chinese activist
- 11th » Henry Luke Orombi, Ugandan archbishop
- 12th » Stan Hansen, American wrestler
- 12th » Dave Lloyd (cyclist) called Dave Lloyd, English cyclist
- 12th » Carlos the Jackal, Venezuelan murderer
- 12th » Paul Went, English footballer
- 13th » Marisol Malaret, Puerto Rican model, Miss Universe 1970
- 13th » Tom Mees, American sportscaster (d. 1996)
- 13th » Leona Mitchell, American soprano
- 13th » Raimundo Fagner, Brazilian singer-songwriter, guitarist, actor and producer
- 13th » Patrick Nève, Belgian race car driver
- 13th » Rick Vito, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fleetwood Mac)
- 13th » Mark Winzenried, American middle-distance runner
- 14th » Damian Lau, Hong Kong actor, director, and producer
- 14th » Katy Manning, English-Australian actress and production manager
- 14th » Katha Pollitt, American poet and author
- 14th » Dave Schultz (ice hockey) known as Dave Schultz, Canadian ice hockey player and referee
- 15th » Laurie McBain, American author
- 15th » Prannoy Roy, Indian journalist, economist, and broadcaster, founded NDTV
- 17th » Owen Arthur, Barbadian economist and politician, 5th Prime Minister of Barbados
- 18th » Joe Egan (musician) or Joe Egan, Scottish singer-songwriter (Stealers Wheel)
- 18th » George Hendrick, American baseball player and coach
- 18th » Gary Richrath, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer (REO Speedwagon)
- 19th » Lynn Dickey, American football player and radio host
- 19th » Jamie McGrigor, English-Scottish politician
- 21st » Michel Brière, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1971)
- 21st » Mike Keenan, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 21st » Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli captain and politician, 9th Prime Minister of Israel
- 22nd » Stiv Bators, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor (The Dead Boys and The Lords of the New Church) (d. 1990)
- 22nd » Vasilios Magginas, Greek politician
- 22nd » Arsène Wenger, French footballer and manager
- 23rd » Würzel, English singer and guitarist (Motörhead) (d. 2011)
- 23rd » Nick Tosches, American journalist, author, and poet
- 24th » Francisco Rafael Arellano Félix, Mexican drug lord (d. 2013)
- 24th » Chester Marcol, American football player
- 24th » John Markoff, American journalist
- 24th » Robert Pickton, Canadian serial killer
- 24th » Keith Rowley, Trinidadian politician
- 24th » Stan White (linebacker) e.g Stan White, American football player and sportscaster
- 25th » Réjean Houle, Canadian ice hockey player and manager
- 25th » Hans-Georg Kraus, German footballer
- 26th » Antonio Carpio, Filipino lawyer and jurist
- 26th » Steve Rogers (baseball) or Steve Rogers, American baseball player
- 26th » Kevin Sullivan (wrestler) or Kevin Sullivan, American wrestler
- 27th » Clifford Antone, American businessman (d. 2006)
- 27th » Garry Tallent, American bass player and producer (E Street Band)
- 28th » Bruce Jenner, American decathlete and actor
- 28th » Tracy Reed (American actress) known as Tracy Reed, American actress
- 29th » Kieron Baker, English footballer
- 29th » Paul Orndorff, American wrestler
- 29th » David Paton, Scottish guitarist (Pilot (band) known as Pilot, The Alan Parsons Project, Bay City Rollers, and Camel)
- 29th » James Williamson (musician) named James Williamson, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer (The Stooges)
- 31st » Mart Helme, Estonian journalist and diplomat
- 31st » Bob Siebenberg, American drummer (Supertramp and Bees Make Honey)
Famous Deaths for October 1949
- 26th » Lionel Halsey, English admiral and courtier (b. 1872)
- 27th » Marcel Cerdan, Algerian-French boxer (b. 1916)
- 27th » Ginette Neveu, French violinist (b. 1919)
- 29th » George Gurdjieff, Armenian-French monk, psychologist, and philosopher (b. 1872)
Year 1949 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of October Star Signs.
Year 1949 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month