Zodiac Signs August 1949 Birthstone
August Birthstones Astrology
- The August Birthstones are the Peridot and Sardonyx. The peridot symbolizes strength. It is sometimes called the evening emerald for its light green color. It was once believed that the green peridot crystals found in volcanic ashes were the tears of the volcano goddess Pele. When set in gold, this gem was said to protect the wearer from nightmares. Peridot is called the traditional birthstone of August. Sardonyx is considered the secondary birthstone of August.
August Zodiac Signs
- Month of August Zodiac Signs are Leo(until August 22) and Virgo(from August 23 onwards).
- Leo (July 23 - August 21) Like the ruler of the jungle Leos are natural born leaders. Main qualities that make a great leader are being brave and headstrong. However Leos also can be loving and generous. To combine these qualities and finding balance is of great importance to Leos.
Leos are compatible with: other Leo as well as Libra, Sagittarius, Cancer, and Gemini.
- Virgo (August 22 - September 22) People born into the star sign Virgo are perfectionists. Having a goog memorie and great social instincts are big qualities of Virgo. Organization and planning comes very easy to Virgos. This is also the reason why working in teams as a project manager or even a normal team member feels like a great time to them.
Virgo are compatible with: other Virgos as well as Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus and Cancer.
August Birth Flowers
- Month of August flower is the Gladiolus or Sword Lily. It blooms in a variety of colours like red, pink, white, yellow and orange. This birth flower stands for sincerity and symbolises strength of character. With Gladiolus, the recipient's heart is being pierced with love. The other August flower is the poppy. A red poppy signifies pleasure, a white poppy is given for consolation, and a yellow poppy wishes wealth and success.
- Strength, Moral Integrity, Remembrance and Infatuation. This long lasting August Birth Flower Gladiolus comes in a variety of colours.
Historical Events for August, 1949
- 5th » In Ecuador, 1949 Ambato earthquake or an earthquake destroys 50 towns and kills more than 6,000.
- 5th » The Mann Gulch fire kills 13 firefighters in Montana.
- 10th » President of the United States U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs the National Security Act of 1947 National Security Act Amendment, streamlining the defense agencies of the Federal government of the United States United States government, and replacing
- 24th » The treaty creating the NATO e.g North Atlantic Treaty Organization goes into effect.
- 29th » Soviet atomic bomb project: The Soviet Union tests its first atomic bomb, known as 'First Lightning' or 'Joe 1', at Semipalatinsk Test Site known as Semipalatinsk, Kazakhstan.
- 31st » The retreat of the Democratic Army of Greece in Albania after its defeat on Gramos mountain marks the end of the Greek Civil War.
Famous Birthdays on August in 1949
- 1st » Kurmanbek Bakiyev, Kyrgyzstani politician, 2nd President of Kyrgyzstan
- 1st » Ray Nettles, American football player (d. 2009)
- 2nd » James Fallows, American journalist and author
- 2nd » Bertalan Farkas, Hungarian general and astronaut
- 3rd » Philip Casnoff, American actor and director
- 3rd » B. B. Dickerson, American bass player and songwriter (War (band) e.g War)
- 3rd » Sue Slipman, English politician
- 4th » John Riggins, American football player, sportscaster, and actor
- 6th » Dino Bravo, Italian-Canadian wrestler (d. 1993)
- 6th » Clarence Richard Silva, American bishop
- 7th » Walid Jumblatt, Lebanese politician
- 7th » Matthew Parris, South African-English journalist and politician
- 8th » Keith Carradine, American actor and singer
- 8th » Ricardo Londoño, Colombian race car driver (d. 2009)
- 9th » Jonathan Kellerman, American psychologist and author
- 9th » Ted Simmons, American baseball player and coach
- 11th » Eric Carmen, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Raspberries (band) named Raspberries)
- 11th » Tim Hutchinson, American lawyer and politician
- 12th » Panagiotis Chinofotis, Greek admiral and politician
- 12th » Mark Knopfler, Scottish-English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Dire Straits and The Notting Hillbillies)
- 12th » Lou Martin, Irish-English pianist, songwriter, and producer (d. 2012)
- 12th » Alex Naumik, Lithuanian-Norwegian singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2013)
- 12th » Rick Ridgeway, American mountaineer
- 13th » Jim Brunzell, American wrestler
- 13th » Bobby Clarke, Canadian ice hockey player and manager
- 13th » Philippe Petit, French Tightrope walking called tightrope walker
- 14th » Bob Backlund, American wrestler
- 14th » Morten Olsen, Danish footballer and manager
- 15th » Beverly Burns, American captain and pilot
- 15th » Richard Deacon (sculptor) known as Richard Deacon, Welsh sculptor
- 15th » Garry Disher, Australian author
- 15th » Edward McMillan-Scott, English politician
- 15th » Mark B. Rosenberg, American academic
- 16th » Barbara Goodson, American voice actress
- 16th » Bill Spooner, American guitarist and songwriter (The Tubes)
- 17th » Norm Coleman, American lawyer and politician, 52nd List of mayors of Saint Paul, Minnesota called Mayor of St. Paul
- 17th » Sue Draheim, American fiddler
- 17th » Julian Fellowes, Egyptian-English actor, director, screenwriter, and politician
- 17th » Sib Hashian, American drummer (Boston (band) called Boston and Ernie and the Automatics)
- 18th » Nigel Griggs, English bass player, songwriter, and producer (Split Enz and Schnell Fenster)
- 18th » Rudy Hartono, Indonesian badminton player
- 19th » Michael Nazir-Ali, Pakistani-English bishop
- 20th » Nikolas Asimos, Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1988)
- 20th » Katiana Balanika, Greek actress and singer
- 20th » Norman Featherstone, South African cricketer
- 20th » Alan Hardwick, English journalist, actor, and producer
- 20th » Patrick Kilpatrick, American actor and producer
- 20th » Phil Lynott, English-Irish singer-songwriter, bass player, and producer (Thin Lizzy, Skid Row (Irish band) called Skid Row, and Grand Slam (band) e.g Grand Slam) (d. 1986)
- 21st » Loretta Devine, American actress and singer
- 22nd » Doug Bair, American baseball player and coach
- 22nd » Þórarinn Eldjárn, Icelandic author and poet
- 22nd » Diana Nyad, American swimmer and author
- 23rd » William Lane Craig, American apologist and theologian
- 23rd » Geoff Capes, English shot putter and strongman
- 23rd » Vicky Leandros, Greek singer and politician
- 23rd » Shelley Long, American actress and producer
- 23rd » Rick Springfield, Australian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor (Zoot (band) named Zoot)
- 24th » Pia Degermark, Swedish actress
- 24th » Joe Regalbuto, American actor and director
- 24th » Charles Rocket, American actor (d. 2005)
- 25th » Martin Amis, English author
- 25th » Rijkman Groenink, Dutch banker
- 25th » Fariborz Lachini, Iranian-Canadian composer and producer
- 25th » John Savage (actor) known as John Savage, American actor and producer
- 25th » Gene Simmons, Israeli-American singer-songwriter, producer, and actor, (Kiss (band) or Kiss and Wicked Lester)
- 26th » Leon Redbone, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer
- 27th » Jeff Cook, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Alabama (band) e.g Alabama)
- 27th » Ann Murray, Irish soprano
- 28th » Imogen Cooper, English pianist
- 28th » Hugh Cornwell, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Stranglers)
- 28th » Svetislav Pešić, Serbian basketball player and coach
- 29th » Werner Kaiser (footballer) or Werner Kaiser, German footballer
- 31st » Richard Gere, American actor, singer, and producer
- 31st » Hugh David Politzer, American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize in Physics known as Nobel Prize laureate
Famous Deaths for August 1949
- 3rd » Ignotus, Hungarian poet and author (b. 1869)
- 9th » Edward Thorndike, American psychologist and academic (b. 1874)
- 16th » Margaret Mitchell, American author (b. 1900)
- 17th » Gregorio Perfecto, Filipino jurist and politician (b. 1891)
- 18th » Paul Mares, American trumpet player and bandleader (New Orleans Rhythm Kings) (b. 1900)
- 23rd » Helen Churchill Candee, American geographer, journalist, and author (b. 1858)
Year 1949 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of August Star Signs.
Year 1949 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month