What Happened In February 1864 In History
Historical Events for February, 1864
- 17th » American Civil War: The Ship H. L. Hunley submarine 6 becomes the first submarine to Sinking of USS Housatonic engage and sink a warship, the USS Housatonic 1861 6.
- 20th » American Civil War: Battle of Olustee occurs the largest battle fought in Florida during the war.
- 27th » American Civil War: The first Union (American Civil War) known as Northern prisoners arrive at the Confederate States of America called Confederate prison at Andersonville, Georgia.
- 29th » American Civil War: Kilpatrick-Dahlgren Raid fails plans to free 15,000 United States named Union soldiers being held near Richmond, Virginia are thwarted.
Famous Birthdays on February in 1864
- 6th » John Henry Mackay, Scottish-German philosopher and author (d. 1933)
- 9th » Miina Härma, Estonian organist, composer, and conductor (d. 1941)
- 17th » Jozef Murgaš, Slovak priest, botanist, and painter (d. 1929)
- 17th » Banjo Paterson, Australian poet (d. 1941)
- 22nd » Jules Renard, French author (d. 1910)
- 27th » Eemil Nestor Setälä, Finnish politician (d. 1935)
Famous Deaths for February 1864
- 7th » Vuk Stefanović Karadžić, Serbian philologist and liguist (b. 1787)
- 25th » Anna Harrison, American wife of William Henry Harrison, 9th List of First Ladies of the United States named First Lady of the United States (b. 1775)
- 26th » Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine, Canadian politician, 3rd List of Joint Premiers of the Province of Canada named Premier of Canada East (b. 1807)
Year 1864 events in history for the month of February
Historical events for the year 1864 by month