What Happened In November 1864 In History
Historical Events for November, 1864
- 4th » American Civil War: Battle of Johnsonville Confederate States of America known as Confederate troops bombard a United States called Union supply base and destroy millions of dollars in material.
- 13th » The new Greek Constitution of 1864 e.g Constitution of Greece is adopted.
- 25th » American Civil War: A group of Confederate operatives calling themselves the Confederate Army of Manhattan starts fires in more than 20 locations in an unsuccessful attempt to burn down New York City.
- 29th » American Indian Wars: Sand Creek Massacre Colorado volunteers led by Colonel John Chivington massacre at least 150 Cheyenne and Arapaho noncombatants inside Colorado Territory.
- 29th » American Civil War: Battle of Spring Hill A Confederate States Army known as Confederate advance into Tennessee misses an opportunity to crush the Union Army. General John Bell Hood is angered, which leads to the Second Battle of Franklin called Battle of
- 30th » American Civil War: Battle of Franklin II known as Battle of Franklin The Confederate Army of Tennessee led by General John Bell Hood mounts a dramatically unsuccessful frontal assault on United States e.g Union positions commanded by John McAllister Scho
Famous Birthdays on November in 1864
- 1st » Princess Elisabeth of Hesse and by Rhine (1864–1918) e.g Princess Elisabeth of Hesse and by Rhine (d. 1918)
- 11th » Alfred Hermann Fried, Austrian journalist and activist, Nobel Peace Prize named Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1921)
- 23rd » Henry Bourne Joy, American businessman (d. 1936)
- 24th » Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, French painter and illustrator (d. 1901)
- 26th » Edward Higgins, English 3rd General of the Salvation Army (d. 1947)
- 28th » James Allen (author) or James Allen, English author and poet (d. 1912)
- 28th » Lindley Miller Garrison, American lawyer and politician, 46th United States Secretary of War (d. 1932)
Famous Deaths for November 1864
- 20th » Albert Newsam, American painter and illustrator (b. 1809)
- 30th » Patrick Cleburne, Irish-American general (b. 1828)
Year 1864 events in history for the month of November
Historical events for the year 1864 by month